Smart wheel problem

Garrett

36 minutes ago, myrontruex said:

I play a game I call (20 questions), that is telling a customer that I will be asking them a lot of questions and seemingly the same ones, however slightly different, not because I forgot their answer.

Unlike many service centers, I endouraged customers for be right there and sometimes even helping chase things down, especially intermittents.

Teasing the customers and asking if I had to beat information out of them I would. While asking the same question for the third or fourth time, no immediately in sequence, they would elicit some piece of information that seemed to them to be useless.

You just gave a very important clue. 

Banging on the steering wheel causing it to work surely leads me to a loose connection. This also mostly eliminates any issues in other compartments.

That will be $500 please. $5 for hitting it, $495 for knowing where to hit it. 

Based on inputs over the years I remember folks having trouble installing clock rings properly. Having a front end alignment the tech popped my steering wheel cover right off. I grittet my teeth a bit. However this tech had me sitting right next to him all through the process. This gave me great confidence in his expertise. 

So perhaps your installation techniques have not been perfected, or some little plastic tab broke and you don't see it.f

If you are ever in the Orlando area, Josams is the place to take it. I would ask them to just check the installation of the clock ring. This would then eliminate any issues there.

I think I would be getting kind of physical with the steering column. Not driving of course. I mean I would be doing some serious (qualified tech), bashing around. Tugging and possibly using the proper words to encourage it to give up its secrets. 

LOL! You may have steered me in the right direction. When I go in for my annual alignment check I will ask Barry to see if he can chase this down. Yep, I am a JoSam’s regular but I have only had him service the chassis never considered the electrical—even though in this case it is directly related to the alignment (steering). Really nice session Doctor, I believe you have helped to find the cure. 

2 hours ago, Raymond said:

LOL! You may have steered me in the right direction. When I go in for my annual alignment check I will ask Barry to see if he can chase this down. Yep, I am a JoSam’s regular but I have only had him service the chassis never considered the electrical—even though in this case it is directly related to the alignment (steering). Really nice session Doctor, I believe you have helped to find the cure. 

Annual alignment check??? You must be hitting some massive pot holes. I think the name of the alignment tech was Mike. He was a big guy. Handled that steering wheel like it was a pretzel. 

And I'm glad I might have steered you in the correct direction. Mine pulls to the right. Yes even after an alignment. However, with the help of a really smart fellow rver I have been experimenting with something that seems to have decent results. 

Edited by myrontruex
Added info

Might have some finiky relays. I know I do and have been too lazy to chase them down. Seems mine need more exercise that they get so get unhappy.

That's on my too do list.