Shower Door 2008 Monaco Knight 40 SKQ

Hi All,

Need help with how to remove the shower door on a 2008 Knight 40 SKQ. This is a corner shower configuration and the door had two towel bars in the door. By accident my elbow hit one of the towel bars causing the tempered glass door to shatter. I have temporarily cobbled in a thin sheet of plexiglas, so we could continue our trip and use the shower.

Has anyone removed the door and replaced the glass in the door, if so how does the door come out? I was thinking once I get the door removed to replace it with a 1/4" plexiglas or lexan (anyone have any thoughts/suggestions) or should I just take the door assembly to a shower door company and replace it with another piece of tempered glass?

Thanks in advance. 

Use a proper fitting cross point/phillips driver with a small impact driver. If you use just a screwdriver alone the heads will often strip. The gentle banging of the impact wrench works wonders.

There are four screws you can see from inside the shower along the top rail. 

I was doing a bit of research the other day to see if I could find the rubber gaskets associated with the shower. Using a picture of it did not find it on the Google search function. I have the factory part numbers but no joy using those. 

I have not tried to chase down the mfgr any further. It was not a project that needs to be done. I just like having the source for parts when the issues come up.

My shower stall has been apart several times for a good cleaning to make the wife happy. 

If you come up with part numbers please share them. I would definitely look for tempered glass. I think Lexan would scratch too easily. Will be happy to hear others suggesstions. 

Found a sticker on my shower enclosure this AM. 2008 SKQ Endeavor.   Front Line Mfg. Inc. P.O. Box 176 Leesburg In. 46538

Myron/Capt Mike,

Thanks that info will be helpful, I will be mindful when removing the screws. I will be working on this project later this fall once winterized and back in storage.

Once top rail is removed I'm assuming the door is just sitting on an upper and lower pin with what looks like nylon/plastic bushings/spacers? I'm guessing its probably a would be a good idea to replace those bushings/spacers.

For reassembly is there anything I should be aware of? What if any alignment might be necessary and is that accomplished by spacer/bushings?

If I find any info on the rubber gasket I will post it.

Tom, That's exactly what happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Any issues with re-installation?

When back on easy. Not a lot of water pressure so don’t really have to worry about leeks. Some have told me it’s no big deal to drill a hole in the glass for the door handle but the glass guy wouldn’t do it, so for now I have no handle.

Still finding little chunks of glass every time we go out 

15 minutes ago, Hancoman said:

. . . . but the glass guy wouldn’t do it,

I was curious about drilling into tempered glass . . . .

https://housetechlab.com/can-you-drill-tempered-glass/

Now I know why the glass guy wouldn't do it. 

I wonder if there's a glass glue that would hold a handle with force on it? 

- bob

4 hours ago, cbr046 said:

I was curious about drilling into tempered glass . . . .

https://housetechlab.com/can-you-drill-tempered-glass/

Now I know why the glass guy wouldn't do it. 

I wonder if there's a glass glue that would hold a handle with force on it? 

- bob

Rear view mirror glue?

The shower door etc goes back without alignment issues. Using the same screw holes of course, things align themselves. 

Hi Tom, I own a Glass company in Iowa. Tempered glass cannot be drilled but annealed glass can be drilled before it goes thru tempering process. Any glass company that does shower doors should be able to order what you need. It has to be ordered from a tempering plant.

The door itself should have screws in the corners. The rubber around the glass can be reused if in good shape. The glass company should also be able to install it into the frame for you. Then just rehang it.

• Like 1