HWH slideout cylinder repair DAYTONA BEACH area

Twomed

Check with B & B Mechanical Repair in Daytona Beach.

832 Gatepark Dr Daytona Beach, FL 32114
I had them work on my Dynasty for engine and chassis service plus they had to replace the two Allison Hydraulic hoses going to the heat ex-changer and back. They sent those out to another shop to have made up then installed them.
They do excellent work but not cheap. Drop the coach off and pick it up after they have completed the repair.
There is a shop across the street that does generator service and repair.

Curious about the cracked weld reference if it is still in the coach? Suppose it is different mechanism from what I know. If he takes it to just a mechanical or RV shop, they will send the cylinder to an other hydraulic shop to take it apart, weld it and rebuild. The removal may take some time but should not need any special skills. It takes minutes to rebuild once removed plus some welding time. Why not just take it there directly and bypass the middle man and the wait, especially if he lives in it.

My experience has been that if you're at the point to be experiencing seal leaks then it would be very pertinent to have ALL 3 of that slides cylinders rebuilt.  I would be reluctant to say that no special skills are required.  You really need to know how to bleed the air out of the synchronizing cylinder to assure the system is balanced out or you could introduce more problems.  Lazy Days in The Villages is an old Monaco Service center and still has some of the old Monaco technicians working there.  ECOR Hydraulics in Melbourne will rebuild those cylinders for about $120 each with about a one day turnaround.  There is a place in the Daytona area that LazyDays has used but I hear they are a slow turnaround and very expensive.  The only fault I have with these hydraulic places that rebuild them is they they don't pressure test them afterwards.  I have had one cylinder fail immediately costing me the time to have it removed again and a 200 mile round trip to get it rebuilt and reinstalled again.

I just rebuilt 4 of our HWH cylinders and finished the install and bleeding today. The one page install procedure is well documented by HWH and only requires to temporarily disconnect one hose on the manifold. I agree that it is a good idea to do all at the same time because they started leaking in short order one after an other. Total cost of parts ~$30 for all plus some ATF and that included fedex shipping. Oily job but no driving needed. Don't know about the other manufacturer but suspect very similar.

Let me be more specific...I don't think the guy owns a screwdriver.  I know about hyd shops and seals.  I am past doing other folks coaches, especially Tiffins.   So need a one stop place. Wildwood has been Lazy Days too long I think.  My first answer was Talin but he lives over on this side. 

Thanks still looking. 😎

Lazy days in Wildwood is still set up to do your repair. Contact DOTTIE in parts. She has been there since the Monaco Wildwood days. Ask her for the mechanics name you need to work on your slide. 

she will tell you straight up if the RIGHT GUY still works there. She is a whiz at sourcing Monaco coach parts. 

her phone number is 352-330-3837. She is in today just spoke with her this morning to order the slide lube recommended by Monaco. 

They also gave full hook ups at their location if you have to wait in parts. This use to be the largest Monaco service center in Florida and the southeast. 

they are high but I'll pay that just to have someone work on my coach with experience and doesn't need a computer or manual to fix something manual /analog like a slide issue. 

hope this helps 

good luck and drive safe. 

Tim

2000 Dynasty pulling a 2019 

Ram  Limited. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Viper04 said:

Lazy days in Wildwood is still set up to do your repair. Contact DOTTIE in parts. She has been there since the Monaco Wildwood days. Ask her for the mechanics name you need to work on your slide. 

she will tell you straight up if the RIGHT GUY still works there. She is a whiz at sourcing Monaco coach parts. 

Tim

2000 Dynasty pulling a 2019 

Ram  Limited. 

His name is John, don't have his last name

10 hours ago, Twomed said:

Thanks Mike...passed on names and number.  He has been told by some folks that the fuel tank has to be dropped in order to replace the cylinder.  They are on the road today so problem solved.   🤑

Yeah, when dealing with the HWH systems you really need to have a tech that really knows what they're doing or you can end up when a hell of a mess.  Someone earlier this year was told they needed to cut a hole in the slide wall to get them out !!!  Lazydays in The Villages still has the Monaco fixture to remove a slide and lay it down if they need to.