pink water

camelot
Go to solution Solved by DavidL,

I beleive I ran my fresh water tand dry! The other day I was on the water pump supply no shore water, Opened the faucet and it started splitting and spuddering then turned a pink color and then stopped, assumming out of water. But where did the pink water come from, it smelled like acohol also? Ty Steve

• Solution

I don't know.  If you had antifreeze in the fresh tank last year, and filled it, it should have gotten diluted.  The whole tank would have had some antifreeze smell, but not much color dependent on how diluted it was.  Certainly the better way is to Springize the system by putting fresh water in, and pushing all antifreeze out, shocking the fresh water with bleach and a full tank, run the bleached water through all fresh lines, let it sit for a few hours, and then completely flush the system again and refill and use.  Don't forget you don't run bleach or antifreeze water thru water filters (like charcoal type).

Maybe there was a line that you never used since then?  Like a second bathroom sink that  never gets used and there was still antifreeze in that line?

Either way, just sounds like the Springize was never completely done.  No problem other than some bad tasting water.

Edited by DavidL

I'm not aware of anything that grows, fungus wise, that would be pink, but for safety sake I think I would do a sanitizing flush of the entire system.  Couple of quarts of bleach could make a big difference and that process is a must-do annually for me anyway.