Alarm when in gear and foot off the brake

RandGer

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial and my problem is when I put the motorhome in drive and release the foot brake I get a beeping. The only way to eliminate the sound is to remove my park bell 2 relay. I’ve changed the Nason sensor. My buddy has the same motorhome and his works fine and the only difference I can tell is on the Monaco fuse box 2 on the green plug top right wire 112 N sensor normally closed, should have 12 volts and mine does not have that. I have 12 volts on the bottom left wire 113 N sensor normally open I have 12 volts there. Can anyone tell me where the sensor or relay is that these wires go to or come from so I can check or replace this sensor?

I have pictures but not sure if or how I can insert them. I can be reached by email if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

1 hour ago, RandGer said:

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial and my problem is when I put the motorhome in drive and release the foot brake I get a beeping. The only way to eliminate the sound is to remove my park bell 2 relay. I’ve changed the Nason sensor. My buddy has the same motorhome and his works fine and the only difference I can tell is on the Monaco fuse box 2 on the green plug top right wire 112 N sensor normally closed, should have 12 volts and mine does not have that. I have 12 volts on the bottom left wire 113 N sensor normally open I have 12 volts there. Can anyone tell me where the sensor or relay is that these wires go to or come from so I can check or replace this sensor?

I have pictures but not sure if or how I can insert them. I can be reached by email if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

Look at your gauges.  What are the air pressures?  I believe that there are two air switches that have to be above 65 PSI. There has to be 65 PSI to “disengage” or keep the rear canisters from locking up.  A faulty pressure switch would do that.  Your air gauges are fed from the pressure transducers…..and they don’t have the switches built in….there are two separate air pressure switches on the treadle or the brake pedal mechanism.  Look on the generator side of the firewall where the pedal is mounted or comes out.  That is memory, where the switches are located.  Pull your prints.  The switches are common and not a proprietary item.  

• Like 1

The park bell relay are in the Monaco box 2.  It appears there are two relays in the box.  I Relay #1 has wire 64 H going to the alarm.

image.png.e7465ac47c7af17694e8eddd4f9d73a0.png

I am very interested in any findings. I have the same issue currently and have had for about a year. (Only have owned the coach for about 2 years). The exact same complaint started after getting it back from a dealer / service center which did nothing to electronics / wiring/ etc. Currently I just have the alarm unplugged, which I do not condone, but unfortunately, have had other priorities on the coach that have had to be addressed first. 

Kurtis,

Most likely the Nason switch on the park brake valve. 

SM-1C-66R/WP28 by NASON - Buy or Repair at Radwell - Radwell.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Larry Laursen said:

Kurtis,

Most likely the Nason switch on the park brake valve. 

SM-1C-66R/WP28 by NASON - Buy or Repair at Radwell - Radwell.com

I appreciate the advice. Thank you. Unfortunately, this was replaced already with no change.

Hey gang, just filling in on what I know and some of which has already been stated. Randy started this topic and figured I’d jump on board also since I have the exact complaint: park brake released and foot on service brake. As soon as the service brake is release get a park bell alarm (Enertech alarm) that goes away as soon as the service brake is depressed again. As mentioned by many, the Nason switch on the park brake valve and low pressure switches (x2) all function and work appropriately. I have temporarily put this project on hold as there are other priorities that need to be completed (currently disconnected and I do not condone that….it’s there for a reason). I have a partial print / schematic that shows the 64 wire mentioned by Larry that goes from the relay to activate the alarm. There is not much to the circuit, Park Brake, low air switches, service brake. Though the exhaust brake is tied in also at idle from what I remember. My print is limited and does have 2 circuits in which Randy mentioned: 1 NO and 1 NC. Both of these are tied in with the two relays for park bell and I believe on 87a. My print is limited and only shows those circuits going to two different terminals but no device is listed and again incomplete on the schematic.

I do plan on jumping back into this and watching this closely for any feedback or findings by Randy. Thanks all for the feedback and help.

15 hours ago, DZZippy said:

Hey gang, just filling in on what I know and some of which has already been stated. Randy started this topic and figured I’d jump on board also since I have the exact complaint: park brake released and foot on service brake. As soon as the service brake is release get a park bell alarm (Enertech alarm) that goes away as soon as the service brake is depressed again. As mentioned by many, the Nason switch on the park brake valve and low pressure switches (x2) all function and work appropriately. I have temporarily put this project on hold as there are other priorities that need to be completed (currently disconnected and I do not condone that….it’s there for a reason). I have a partial print / schematic that shows the 64 wire mentioned by Larry that goes from the relay to activate the alarm. There is not much to the circuit, Park Brake, low air switches, service brake. Though the exhaust brake is tied in also at idle from what I remember. My print is limited and does have 2 circuits in which Randy mentioned: 1 NO and 1 NC. Both of these are tied in with the two relays for park bell and I believe on 87a. My print is limited and only shows those circuits going to two different terminals but no device is listed and again incomplete on the schematic.

I do plan on jumping back into this and watching this closely for any feedback or findings by Randy. Thanks all for the feedback and help.

Have you tried swapping Park-Bell relays with other non-related relays in the Monaco Box 1 & 2 in the front run bay?  Easy and quick test.

- bob

On 10/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, cbr046 said:

Have you tried swapping Park-Bell relays with other non-related relays in the Monaco Box 1 & 2 in the front run bay?  Easy and quick test.

- bob

Thanks Bob, I’ve done that previously without a change….even treated the relays