2005 Dynasty Entry door air seal release question.

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

2005 Monaco Dynasty

I've seen on the forum where doors won't open because of an issue with the door seal.  

My problem is little different (not a big problem).  With the engine running and after I put it in neutral, I get up from the seat to open the door and it won't open.  Eventually, after a minute or or so, I'll be able to open the door.

Is this unusual or do I need to be more patient.

Now, every time I want to get out of the coach if it's running, I'm turning the coach off.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2005 Dynasty Entry door air seal release question.
  • Solution

Monaco was inconsistent or perhaps, decided to revise or change the control circuits on our MH, from year to year.  This topic has been discussed since I first joined in 2009.  As the electronics got more sophisticated, then the circuits were changed.

On some, the air seal is activated from a speed sensor in the tranny or maybe through the ECM.  Same for deactivating.  Read your manual. It may tell you what controls it.  NOW, the prints may also show the circuit and the inputs….no guarantees.

Basically, there is a small air regulator that reduces the MH’s air pressure down to around 4 or 5 PSI.  When you put the MH in gear, there is a signal sent to a solenoid….some have said, MAC Valve.  That solenoid opens.  The low air pressure keeps the door seal inflated and cuts down on wind noise and also “flexes” as the MH “chugs and vibrates” down the highway.  When you slow down, below a certain speed, or stop and engage the parking break, the solenoid is supposed to close and also vent off the low air pressure.

I can’t tell you the exact sequence…even the old time Monaco techs couldn’t find it in their prints as it was somewhere, maybe in the interaction of the tranny or the ECM.  Bottom line….unless you have a precision gauge, never mess with the regulator.  If this issue is now a recent occurrence, odds are, the solenoid may have trash or the spring and vent system is sluggish.  A clever owner once figured out how to test and verify.

In the OLDEN days when we hot rodders messed with cars, we had a “vacuum” gauge….still got mine.  It also doubled as a “fuel pressure” gauge for the medhanical fuel pumps used on carvureted cars.  Really low pressure.  You can still buy them.  He out a “T” fitting on the door seal.  He ran an airline up and to the front cap’s windshield.  He duct taped the gauge to the front of the windshield.  Then he started the engine and played with various things like releasing the parking brake and then outting in gear or then watching the speedometer.  Conversely, he did the same when he slowed down and stopped.  He was more curious….and wanted to make sure the seal was workimg and when it inflated and deflated.

You can, with a little effort and minimal cost do the same. Look at the two screen shots below.  The $20 kit has all you need except a longer piece of hose.  The “fuel pressure” scale goes to 10 PSI….and it matters not liquid fuel or air.

whatever the sequence is to “inflate” will be the reverse for deflating.  Make sure you get a good signal to the valve.  You can add a test light to the wires to the solenoid and tape it on the windshield…..

Other Dynasty owners, but BE CAREFUL, they need to be the same year….probably an Imperial or higher can chime in.  But, don’t bet the farm on a 2004 or 2006.  Monaco changed…and there was little internal documentation….maybe in your manual….

IMG_1064.png

IMG_1063.png

50 minutes ago, willema said:

2005 Monaco Dynasty

I've seen on the forum where doors won't open because of an issue with the door seal.  

My problem is little different (not a big problem).  With the engine running and after I put it in neutral, I get up from the seat to open the door and it won't open.  Eventually, after a minute or or so, I'll be able to open the door.

Is this unusual or do I need to be more patient.

Now, every time I want to get out of the coach if it's running, I'm turning the coach off.

On mine, after putting the transmission in neutral, setting the parking brake and getting out of the drivers seat to open the door, the air seal is deflated.  Likely, you have a small restriction in the vent of the solenoid used to pressurize the door seal.

• Like 1

I used to have to turn ignition off to release the air. So many variations over time. Then I wired an unused dash switch to do it at will but that's not the point here. The blader will not deflate quickly if the exhaust port on valve is plugged, as mentioned earlier. 

• Like 2