Change out bathroom faucet

Georgia Mike

The handles unscrew by turning the wide part of the handle counter-clockwise and to remove the spout you need to remove the pop-up rod from the spout.  Inside the hole for the pop-up rod is a screw that has to be turned counter-clockwise.  This is an allen head machine screw.  After removing the spout and handles you can unscrew the handle base escutcheons and then the base unit of the faucet should be able to be removed.

• 3 weeks later...

This Moen faucet is the biggest PITA I ever delt with getting off. After finding out about the Allen screw in the center I thought I was home free but no another obstacle. After removing the center spout the handles should just drop down but there is a washer that keeps it from going through. There’s slight ridge the keeps the washer on. I thought WTF how did they get this thing on. I was getting very frustrated as you can see in the video but after looking at it very carefully I noticed the little ridge didn’t go all the way around……ahhhhh snap ring. No one mentioned there’s a tiny thin hard to notice with all the old gunk snap ring on there. So hopefully if someone needs to remove these this will help get the darn thing off. Now my second faucet replacement will go much easier (I hope) 

• Like 1

I have the same identical faucets in our 06 Countess III which we are very happy with so no plans to switch. However, thank you for the advice and warning in case there comes a time in the future where I need to remove them for whatever reason.

47 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

we are very happy with so no plans to switch.

I am right with you on that statement. I liked the old faucets but we were shopping at Costco and there was some bathroom faucets on sale so the DW says “those faucets are so low in the sinks I would like them to be higher up and I like these” so there ya go. What ever you do don’t show your wife this post she may want them. 😄