Water systems

jfasano88

Hi everyone I have problem with both my water pump and fresh water lines. My fresh water pressure is very low. I will turn on a facet and for 1sec I have good flow then I have very low pressure. What is puzzling is the same thing happens when I use my water pump. I turn off the the fresh water line. I believe I have something that is causing this problem with both systems. Has this ever happened to others. 
John F 2009 Monaco Camelot kfq 

Interesting! My Countess has the two side-by-side water filters in the Wet Service Bay but nothing under the sink.

The Monaco installation techs certainly had a mind of their own when it came to following standard installation procedures.

That's why these coaches are called "snowflakes"!

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 4:28 AM, Dr4Film said:

Have you verified that the water pressure is low after you remove the screens in the faucets?

Sounds tome like you need to clean all of the faucets really well with vinegar. Let them soak overnight then rinse with fresh water.

i have a 2003 camelot with same issue, i do not have filtrs in wet bay all taps have been soaked in clr and screens as well, have new filter under sink and still no pressure on city water

On 12/27/2023 at 8:44 AM, Dr4Film said:

Mike, I don't believe that any water that is pumped from the fresh water tank goes through the factory water filters in the wet bay.

Those filters do play a roll in any water coming from the shore water connection.

At least it's that way in my Dynasty.

I believe that on my Camelot, the Fresh Water filter is inline with the main feed. 

NOW....THE FOLLOWING ASSUME THAT ALL FAUCETS ARE IMPACTED...if only one, then remove the cartridge and rebuild that faucet or replace the aerators.

Specifically on your Camelot. Remove the Cartridge from the Fresh water filter where the Fresh tank is located.  THEN TEST

Remove the incoming bowl filter on the pump. Open the bay adjacent to the Wet Bay.  Pull the tray on that bay out on the curb side. There is an access panel that needs to be removed....two Square Head Screws. Behind is is the backside of the Wet Bay. The inlet filter is removable and you just take it off and clean it.

Cycle the City Fill valve several times.... Do this "DRY" with no city water hooked up to the hose or turn off the valve at the CG connection. Then turn on the valve or put the system under pressure.  Then cycle and let the water fill the Fresh tank for about a minute. Then switch to CITY and open a faucet inside and let it run for a minute or so.

If there is any grit in the line that gets inside the valve, it could clog it. 

This usually  corrects the problem. When you replace the cartridge in the whole house system, choose the cheapest and less restrictive. Folks make the mistake of thinking that the higher the filtration the better. Just the REVERSE. Even a NEW HIGH FILTRATION cartridge will have a severe pressure drop. Many CG are barely above 30 PSI and the hold well systems are usually 55 PSI or so. A city system will be in the same range or higher. Thus, when you put in a high filtration cartridge and you have low incoming water pressure...you do NOT get any pressure.

If you are using one of the INLINE (Monaco had one on mine) regulators....THROW IT AWAY. Purchase a REAL water regulator like a watts. I am using this one and it works great.  YOU DO NEED A WASHING MACHING FILTER SCREEN on the INLET of your Hose and also the Water Filter. You also need one on the hose for the Back Flush.  TRUST ME....bugs and such will get inside there or the CG's hose bib will have trash.

https://a.co/d/0n0KMOu  Valterra Water Regulator, Lead-Free Brass Adjustable Water Regulator with Pressure Gauge for Camper, Trailer, RV Plumbing System

The inline regulators have a tiny hole and you get restricted flow.  I switched to a better one as we were out west and the pressures were above 100 PSI. The Valterra delivered WAY MORE WATER and my wife and daughter said....WOW...We can rinse our hair in the shower.

That's IT.  Try those and report back...

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:46 AM, Tom Cherry said:

I believe that on my Camelot, the Fresh Water filter is inline with the main feed. 

NOW....THE FOLLOWING ASSUME THAT ALL FAUCETS ARE IMPACTED...if only one, then remove the cartridge and rebuild that faucet or replace the aerators.

Specifically on your Camelot. Remove the Cartridge from the Fresh water filter where the Fresh tank is located.  THEN TEST

Remove the incoming bowl filter on the pump. Open the bay adjacent to the Wet Bay.  Pull the tray on that bay out on the curb side. There is an access panel that needs to be removed....two Square Head Screws. Behind is is the backside of the Wet Bay. The inlet filter is removable and you just take it off and clean it.

Cycle the City Fill valve several times.... Do this "DRY" with no city water hooked up to the hose or turn off the valve at the CG connection. Then turn on the valve or put the system under pressure.  Then cycle and let the water fill the Fresh tank for about a minute. Then switch to CITY and open a faucet inside and let it run for a minute or so.

If there is any grit in the line that gets inside the valve, it could clog it. 

This usually  corrects the problem. When you replace the cartridge in the whole house system, choose the cheapest and less restrictive. Folks make the mistake of thinking that the higher the filtration the better. Just the REVERSE. Even a NEW HIGH FILTRATION cartridge will have a severe pressure drop. Many CG are barely above 30 PSI and the hold well systems are usually 55 PSI or so. A city system will be in the same range or higher. Thus, when you put in a high filtration cartridge and you have low incoming water pressure...you do NOT get any pressure.

If you are using one of the INLINE (Monaco had one on mine) regulators....THROW IT AWAY. Purchase a REAL water regulator like a watts. I am using this one and it works great.  YOU DO NEED A WASHING MACHING FILTER SCREEN on the INLET of your Hose and also the Water Filter. You also need one on the hose for the Back Flush.  TRUST ME....bugs and such will get inside there or the CG's hose bib will have trash.

https://a.co/d/0n0KMOu  Valterra Water Regulator, Lead-Free Brass Adjustable Water Regulator with Pressure Gauge for Camper, Trailer, RV Plumbing System

The inline regulators have a tiny hole and you get restricted flow.  I switched to a better one as we were out west and the pressures were above 100 PSI. The Valterra delivered WAY MORE WATER and my wife and daughter said....WOW...We can rinse our hair in the shower.

That's IT.  Try those and report back...

thank you did know about filter on backside will get it done