Norcold 1200 Icemaker water line

michaelivan

The water line feeding the ice maker sprung a leak yesterday.  It is the upper line that runs from the valve to the ice maker.  We have an '03 Windsor 40PST.  It appears that the only way to access the top connection is to pull the unit out of the cabinet.  Just wondering if there is an easier way or do I just bite the bullet and pull the unit.  Can it be accessed through the over toilet cabinet?  How about through the roof vent?

When mine leaked,  it was at the hookup behind the fridge and was accessible through the rear panel. But mine leaked at the screw on connector. 

Not sure how yours is fit, but in the time it took to type the question I could have mine out.  Like four screws from the front (impact screw gun makes that fast) and pull the unit out.  Once out the line is easily accessible.  Good time to clean the unit inside and out and the cabinet.

Guest Tim503

It is a pain and look for electric wires running from roof to floor along the sides. Put a box in front to slide it onto and use the flue cleaner rod before pushing it back in. The instructions say to clean the flue yearly, ridiculous. Look up for any nesting like wasps etc..

Only way to access it is to pull the fridge. That said, it only has to be moved about a foot or so and if you're a contortionist you'll be able to get up there and remove it. IIRC it's a push in and seal it up kind of thing. Install is the reverse of removal....Dennis