Waterproof underbelly fabric

Go to solution Solved by jacwjames,

I am about to make repairs to the flooring where there was a leak at the slide seal. In removing some of the rotted wood underlayment I damaged the underbelly fabric.

What can be used to replace the damaged fabric ?

Bill B 07 Dynasty

They sell repair tape or the sheeting itself online.  Just google underbelly RV.

When I replaced a section of rotted particle board in one of the basement compartments,  I put in pressure treated plywood and then sprayed several heavy coats of Flex Seal on the underbelly section of the plywood.  Has been holding up extremely well.  This was only about a 2'x2' section in between metal supports.  

• Like 1

• Solution

When I had to replace a ~4X6' section of flooring right behind the passenger seat in 2021.  I did my best to not damage the fabric.  I cut it a couple places but most of it was in tact.  But what to do with it.

I decided to use treated plywood as the first layer, I primed it and then got creative.  I put a bunch of liquid spread on the bottom of the plywood, used a caulk gun and then large putty know to spread it out.  Dropped it into place, fastened it down with a couple self tapping screws.  Then quickly went underneath with a paint roller and pushed the fabric into the liquid nail to bond it to the plywood.  Seemed to work pretty good.  When I was done with the flooring I bought a couple cans of the Flexseal and sprayed all over underneath where fabric was. 

Seems to be holding up pretty good but time will tell.

I have elected to go with painting the the bottom layer of flooring with FlexSeal, I will do something with the underbelly fabric in a couple of weeks when I get back to my homebase and have level pad and warmer weather conditions.

Thank everyone for the suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Bill B 07 Dynasty