MCD shades hesitation

I have MCD shades throughout a 2008 Dynasty. The ones in the bedroom and cockpit work great. However, the ones in the living area are acting strange. When the switch is pressed, I may have one work and then another. Sometimes I just get a beeping sound. All the motors are good. It seems like I may have a low voltage problem with this one circuit. Most of the time, if I hold the switch, sooner or later they will all work. Has anyone had this problem and discovered a fix?

@Tom Whitlow asks a very important question.  There were SOME "early production" runs of 2008 Dynasty and up that had the Chassis Control Module or the Kongsberg system.  YOU DO NEED TO KNOW THAT. There are TWO sets of drawings in the files for the 2008 Dynasty.  One for the NON CCM and one for the CCM.

However, in this case, the interior shades, I believe, are ALL part of the Intellitec MPX system. The front shades are a bit of a "I DO NOT KNOW" issue for me. I do NOT know if they were on the Intellitec MPX or straight switches...  @Frank McElroy is our guru on CCM and also one of the guru's on the Intellitec CCM.

As to the middle shades, they are DEFINITELY, I assume, on the lighted Intellitec MPX panels. 

Read the above file or link. You can either download an individual file or the entire document. It has an INDEX which is invaluable in finding the right prints. I pulled the print that show the Intellitec module for the living area.  I would focus on the incoming power to the "MPX" Module "B". Trace back the power to that module. Makes sure all the lugs on the connections are tight.

Frank is the expert so he probably has some better and more focused tips....

38050163 (Schematic, Shades, Power).pdf

I had my 08 Exec in MCD several years ago with the same issue.  My windshield day shade just beeps.  Th night shade works properly.  Calvin the shade tech said it was a low power issue.  Said might be an easy fix but could be very costly.  I said leave it and it is positioned where I want it for driving.  Afraid to move it since may not get it back up.

25 minutes ago, philcarrell said:

I had my 08 Exec in MCD several years ago with the same issue.  My windshield day shade just beeps.  Th night shade works properly.  Calvin the shade tech said it was a low power issue.  Said might be an easy fix but could be very costly.  I said leave it and it is positioned where I want it for driving.  Afraid to move it since may not get it back up.

I'm speculating, but if I read the prints properly, what you are referring to is the POWER VISOR or the SUNSCREEN "shade"  That is NOT part of the MPX system or control. It is a separate switch. See the PRINT below.  I will NOT surmise what the NIGHT SHADE is doing and where it is controlled....but they appear to be SEPARATE functions....one is CHASSIS (Visor or sunscreen) and one is HOUSE (night shade).

OK...your issue...and I HATE Dynasty Prints...but am learning to live with them....

IF both of the visors are not working or beeping, then you have a VOLTAGE ISSUE.  WHERE?  Well here is where your start....

The GROUND runs from a Ground Bar to the relays....or contacts 87a.  If that GROUND is loose, then you have lost ONE side of the circuit.  It REVERSES...as you know.

The other side is the Positive....but it also reverses.  There is a 6.5 Resettable Circuit Breaker. If that Breaker has issues or if the connections are not tight (don't know HOW the wires are terminated), then you will also have issues.

You did NOT say if there was an issue with BOTH (or I missed that) of if it was only one.  You have to follow the power and then determine.  IF it is BOTH...then look at the relays....or the Circuit Breaker...as that is COMMON.  If it is ONE side, then probably the plugs.

YES...this is one of the MOST RUBE GOLDBERG circuits that Monaco came up with....

Hope this helps.

BUT, it also goes back to the fact that the FRONT NIGHT SHADES are PROBABLY on the MPX and the FRONT VISORS (Day) are on a conventional chassis switch...

Odds are, for @Doug and Nicki, there is an incoming power issue on the MODULE...and that needs to be trouble shot....OR there is a bad connection as in a Plug...  Frank will chime in...probably...

38031535 (Schematic, Power Visor).pdf

Thank you, Tom. Yes. The shades and sun screens are on two multiplex switches. It is always confusing to me to figure out how to trace things back. I have looked at and used Detox on the grounds in the electrical bay outside the driver's seat and also the ground bar in the generator bay. I have not done anything in the rear multiplex control panel, so will check that next. I appreciate your input. 

23 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

I'm speculating, but if I read the prints properly, what you are referring to is the POWER VISOR or the SUNSCREEN "shade"  That is NOT part of the MPX system or control. It is a separate switch. See the PRINT below.  I will NOT surmise what the NIGHT SHADE is doing and where it is controlled....but they appear to be SEPARATE functions....one is CHASSIS (Visor or sunscreen) and one is HOUSE (night shade).

OK...your issue...and I HATE Dynasty Prints...but am learning to live with them....

IF both of the visors are not working or beeping, then you have a VOLTAGE ISSUE.  WHERE?  Well here is where your start....

The GROUND runs from a Ground Bar to the relays....or contacts 87a.  If that GROUND is loose, then you have lost ONE side of the circuit.  It REVERSES...as you know.

The other side is the Positive....but it also reverses.  There is a 6.5 Resettable Circuit Breaker. If that Breaker has issues or if the connections are not tight (don't know HOW the wires are terminated), then you will also have issues.

You did NOT say if there was an issue with BOTH (or I missed that) of if it was only one.  You have to follow the power and then determine.  IF it is BOTH...then look at the relays....or the Circuit Breaker...as that is COMMON.  If it is ONE side, then probably the plugs.

YES...this is one of the MOST RUBE GOLDBERG circuits that Monaco came up with....

Hope this helps.

BUT, it also goes back to the fact that the FRONT NIGHT SHADES are PROBABLY on the MPX and the FRONT VISORS (Day) are on a conventional chassis switch...

Odds are, for @Doug and Nicki, there is an incoming power issue on the MODULE...and that needs to be trouble shot....OR there is a bad connection as in a Plug...  Frank will chime in...probably...

38031535 (Schematic, Power Visor).pdf 121.08 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for Schematic.  Only one of my front windshield shades don't work, the day shade, black mesh.  It only chirps when you press the up down switch.