Windshield Wipers - 2006 Knight

I just purchased a Monaco Knight 40PLQ. We went on our first trip over Christmas. We left in a rainstorm so it was the first time using the windshield wipers. They were extremely slow and the wind caused them to stop. Are they Mechanical or Vacuum operated. Has anyone found a way to make them more efficient? 

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Windshield Wipers. 2006 Knight.

The title was edited.  It helps folks that have sim8lar rigs or hve knowledge to hime in and also prevents generic advice that might bot pertain to the MH.

The wipers are electric.  MOST LIKELY, but you never know, made by A&M Equipment.  You can go to their site or call nd they have a list of the models and years.

If you have the 32” blades, then drop back to 28” blades.  The arms and motor was a little undersized, per two competitors who sell new, supposedly stronger, arms.

You need to download the prints, if we have them.  Go to search.  Put in wiring.  Click on Everywhere.  Choose FILES….then scroll through the 3 pages.

Worn or highly oxidized blade will have more drag.  I’d put on new blades, spray a little water and test….then start hunting.  There should be a schematic of the motor connector.  Find the 12 VDC input and measure the voltage.  Ground my also be an issue.  A quick trick….plug and unplug the motor connector a few times to polish the contacts…

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Windshield Wipers - 2006 Knight

Ron, 

The wipers on your 2006 Knight are the same as my 2006 Dip. I was having trouble with the blades lifting off the glass.  After trying new, shorter blades and a few other tricks, I called AM Equipment and spoke with their tech support. For my case, the solution was to replace the arms, as the springs that hold the arms to the glass were fatigued, and cannot be replaced. 

That doesn’t sound like your problem… I would suggest giving AM Equipment  a call and speaking with them about it. It’s what they do for a living 😂. They will ask details about your coach and wipers.  That is likely your quickest route to a solution.  

Another potential reason.  The shafts that go through the cowl are held in place by push on spring clips visible from the outside of the coach.  My clips were too tight and had to pry them a bit for clearance to keep the shaft from binding.  I also gave the shafts a shot of silicone spray to help prevent binding.  Between the 2, solved my problem.  Think the motor has thermal overload which shuts it down if too much resistance which you may have experienced as well.

Consider a shorted wiper blade. A 26-28" will provide adequate vision avenue for you.

Also consider consulting with any/all of these entities for input from ppl who are acquainted with the product you are using.

Windshield Wiper Parts