KIB Tank Monitor Panel

Pduggs

I want to replace this tank monitor panel in my wet bay, that has never worked. Does anyone know a source? I contacted Visone, but no luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version  Name: 0559B15E-1FCE-459F-93FC-D2532CB9B6F1.jpeg Views: 2 Size: 173.5 KB ID: 292258  Click image for larger version  Name: 43F2A8CF-895A-4998-93CC-990C826C7020.jpeg Views: 3 Size: 116.8 KB ID: 292259

Monaco had same weird ideas about installing electronics. Why install an unprotected circuit board in a wet area?

There is a few systems out there very cheap that you may be able to adapt.

I will like to see how your plugs into the cables and we can make recommendations.

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for... but thinking outside the box...

Seelevel gauges will let you feed two monitor panels off the same set of sensors. So, if you're not happy with the original gauges, might not be a huge task to change it all out.

Cheers,

Walter

1 hour ago, Pampero said:

Monaco had same weird ideas about installing electronics. Why install an unprotected circuit board in a wet area?

There is a few systems out there very cheap that you may be able to adapt.

I will like to see how your plugs into the cables and we can make recommendations.

It is unfortunate that Monaco would put an unprotected electronic panel in the wet bay.  Here are pics of the male/female connectors. Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, wamcneil said:

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for... but thinking outside the box...

Seelevel gauges will let you feed two monitor panels off the same set of sensors. So, if you're not happy with the original gauges, might not be a huge task to change it all out.

Cheers,

Walter

I may have to do that, since it appears KIB no longer makes this monitor board. 

5839A5FF-FF7A-41C3-8B8D-CE5255CA2DEB.jpeg

D508D453-C15C-40E0-B9C7-9E2C8424CAE2.jpeg

You may have done this already but thought I’d post anyway.

Walt Ryder

KIB Electronics | Service & Warranty

2504 Jeanwood Drive, Elkhart, IN 46514

Office: (574) 262-0518

Fax: (574) 262-5172

ryderw@atcomp.com

• Thanks 1

I am getting this same panel removed and setup a SeeLeveL system installed. The panel works, but the more likely chances are that once you get this panel replaced the sensors will be bad too!  Very common. I chose the SeeLevel as this uses external capacitance based sensors that cant get blocked or destroyed by the internal tank fluids. For the price it was a no brainer to change to a modern systen and still have 2 panels. one in wet bay and one inside. Existing cables are used to change over too, so I will not route all new wires either !  Just thoughts to offer you as you consider the options.  I don't work for them, so my personal thoughts .  for reference their site:   https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/

• Thanks 1

Guest Tim503

I take it you have nothing on the outside of the tank? The door opposite the fill door or drain door should have two screws on the bottom to take out and you can lift it up. You have a 2008 and I have a 1998 but inside that door is the foil strips that need to be glued back down onto the tank. Mine is being a pain but I check the connections and go through and hit every button and maybe the lights will give you a reading. Hold each button down for a bit it may change. Check you have 12 volts at the supply wire. Of course there is an adjustment screw on the panel to dial it to what ever you like as a base. I put gas struts on the passenger side which holds it closed and open. I verify the fresh water by opening the door and looking at the tank. For waste you will know they are full when the exhaust vent is clogged and the toilet burps and the sink drains gurgle. Or the gray tank vent is blocked when a stink comes up your washing machine drain. If you have it and don't use it pour water or antifreeze in it. I don't see it on your board but I would get a toothbrush and clean it gently before you, oh well.

Be aware....  Several of the Monaco "level gauges" were the type that had DIODES in them.  You have to have a set (one per function) Diode on each Panel.  SO, if you have an internal panel and an external panel (Wet bay), you have to have the CORRECT harness.

In other words.  Each Panel has to have a diode in the harness for each light or function.  That is to prevent a back feed from the OTHER panel and an erronous error or such when you press a button.

Monaco also had a nasty habit of making things ugly.  Monaco had TWO harnesses for the system.  One Harness (the Sensors) came in two STYLES.  Diode and NON-Diode.  The Control Panels or the remotes were the same.  There was a DIODE and a Non-Diode Harness for each of them.  Double Diodes, as best i can get Monaco to say.....actually will work.  So you can HAVE a Diode Harness in the Sensors as well as in the Panels (or remotes).  BUT, if you have TWO Non-Diode harnesses ....then the sensors will never work right.

SO....if your system NEVER worked or gave funky reasons.....then you need to make sure that there is a DIODE in ONE of the harnesses.  IF Monaco installed the NON-Diode Sensor harness and the NON-DIode Remote (meter) Harness....then it will drive you bonkers.

Monaco trouble shot that for a former member and he soldered in the diodes and that fixed the OEM system.

He THEN finally got tired of it and put in the SeeLevel System with the EXTERNAL (adhesive) sensors or the Capacitance Style.  That works.  BUT, you also have to make sure the tank interior is CLEAN and recleaned....as years of gunk and buildup will fake out the Capacitance style.  

There is NO PERFECT system.

IF you try to keep the sensors....be aware that there MAY be a DIODE in the circuit (GOD only knows where) and it MIGHT be an issue with a NEW or different brand.

Hope this helps.... 

• Thanks 1