No power to Kenwood cameras, monitors,CB, and good time radio - 09 Dynasty CCM Kongsberg Chassis.

Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

We have a 2009 Dynasty Regal IV, and I have electrical issues. My Kenwood cameras are not working. The backup, right and left directional and interion. The monitor in the bedroom is also without power. I don’t seem to have power to them, my Kenwood good time radio, or my CB. I have checked the fuses in the front run bay with no joy.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We plan to leave MI for FL on Sunday, and I would feel better with the cameras.

Thank you.

Bill Feeley

586-610-8692

32 minutes ago, Mi Bill said:

We have a 2009 Dynasty Regal IV, and I have electrical issues. My Kenwood cameras are not working. The backup, right and left directional and interion. The monitor in the bedroom is also without power. I don’t seem to have power to them, my Kenwood good time radio, or my CB. I have checked the fuses in the front run bay with no joy.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We plan to leave MI for FL on Sunday, and I would feel better with the cameras.

Thank you.

Bill Feeley

586-610-8692

Please confirm that the LED called VCF SW-HSE on the large circuit board in the FRB is ON.  If not, please be sure both battery master switches are turned on and if they are, with the ignition switch ON, post a picture of the small PCB in the RRB (Rear Run Bay).  I want to see which led lights are ON.

Screenshot_20240126-190837.png

Frank,   

There was no LED on at VCF-SW-HSE. Both battery master switches are in the on position. 

these are the pictures of the LED's on the small board in the RRB. I included a picture of the two boards.

Thank you.

Bill

20240126_193216.jpg

20240126_193227.jpg

20240126_193245.jpg

Have you bypassed the salesman latching battery disconnect solenoid in the RRB?  If you did, did you move the feed wire and fuse over to the hot side?  If not check the fuse on top of the battery disconnect solenoid.

Also, check for 12 volts on lug #10 on PCB in FRB.  If you have 12 volts replace relay VCFH.

Screenshot_20240126-195750.png

I haven't bypassed the salesman switch.

I will go out and check the rest of your message.

Thank you.

Bill

Frank,

I went out and could not find LUG#10 I found the relay VCFH.

I also found out that none of the switches with the salesman switch, step light, handle light, porch light et al have power.

Here are pictures of the FRB with VCFH

Thank you.

Bill

20240126_201024.jpg

20240126_201046.jpg

I circled lug #10.

Look at the latching relay to the right of the small PCB.  There is a fuse on top of it.

Cycle your salesman switch.  Hold about 5 seconds to turn it off.  One second to turn it on.  Do you have coach interior lights?

Screenshot_20240126-2019152.thumb.png.38518a655bf1fa7cfbf426cb49f22ae1.png

Watch this video.  You can cycle the battery cutoff latching solenoid from the RRB.

Frank,

None of the ceiling light switches seem to have any power.

I'm sorry I don't know what the "latching relay" is.  I'm not sure what "small PCB" you're referring to.

I will go out and check for power at the lug#10.

Thank you. Bill

Frank,

There is 12v at lug#10.

I can't get a new relay until tomorrow when the stores open.

I will go out and try cycling the item in the video.

Thank you.

Bill

Great talking on the phone last night.  A lot easier than back and forth posting.  Based on our discussions, since you have power to lug #10 and since the house Intellitec lighting system works, the latching relay and the fuse on top of it feeding power to lug #10 in the FRB are all working.  However, since both top LEDs light at the same time when pressing the battery disconnect button, the small PCB powering the latching relay is defective.  I'm starting to see a lot of those board failures on 09 Dynasty and Sigs.  If you can't find a replacement from a salvage yard, contact me offline - I can repair them.

Because you have power to lug #10, the likely reason why your dash switches and other dash functions aren't working a failed relay VCFH.

But first, if you haven't already done so, reboot the Kongsberg CCM system by unplugging from shore power, shutting off solar and then disconnecting both house and chassis battery banks. Be sure all LED lights in the FRB are out before reconnecting the batteries.

After powering up the coach, hold the dash switch dimmer + rocker switch to display all rocker switch labels.  Hopefully all the dash switch modules do light up.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to No power to Kenwood cameras, monitors,CB, and good time radio - 09 Dynasty CCM Kongsberg Chassis.

FYI

Here is a follow-up for all following the thread about my monitors, radio, etc., not working. I want to thank Frank for his knowledge, patience, and diagnostic skills in solving my issue. In addition to the posts yesterday and this morning, Frank called me and walked me through many steps to determine that the latching relay in the rear run bay was working correctly.   These steps included the video posted last night and educating me on the different parts. Based on the testing results, Frank determined that the issue was not in the rear run bay but rather a relay on the circuit board in the front run bay. This relay was VCFH. I found a new relay installed, and all of my initial issues disappeared.

However, my entry steps stopped working between last night and this morning. Frank had me reboot the CCM by totally powering down the coach. He also had me press the dimmer + switch to ensure that the lights on the dashboard switch modules were all working, which they were. Frank had me check the 30-amp step control or fuse in the front run bay CCM module, F 13. It was getting 12 V. Also try and I could not open the steps by pulling on them while opening the door simultaneously. Frank then suggested checking the controller under the step for power and ground. While looking at the stairs under the coach, I noticed one of the wires going to the magnetic door sensor was not connected.  I considered that was the issue.  After taking the wires apart,  stripping, and reconnecting all of the wires, the stairs opened, extended, and retracted as they should. Thanks, John!

Without Franks's help, I would not have been able to get such positive results.

This forum and its considerate members are an excellent resource.

Thank you all

Bill Feeley

MIBILL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1