2008 Navigator fuel/water separator sensor

Go to solution Solved by Makalu,

• Solution

The filter is a Fleetguard FS19593 that has a screw on water canister on the bottom that houses the drain valve and the sensor. That is the reusable part that doesn't come with the filter.

I am a little confused, as I think is Richard, perhaps others.  There should be (based on the ISL) two filters

Based on the ISL, Monaco labeled the "Particulate Filter" as PRIMARY.  The Secondary was the Water/Separator.

Look on page 267 of your manual.

Primary is Raccor 5323OP (ALPHA LETTER "O" and "P").  The secondary, or water separator is a Fleetgard FF-2200. There is also a diagram and explanation and servicing on page 257.

If you google the PN's they do NOT MATCH.  AND there is a few comments on IRV2. 

My BEST GUESS...using Cummins ISX Water Separator is this...

Fleetguard Separator Fuel/Water Spin On Part No: FS1242B

IF you pull up that on Amazon or any of the parts lists....that Separator SURE looks like the bottom of it is a 100% MATCH for your filter. Read the comments on page 257.

I won't place any bets...but I sure would order one and give it a shot...

Good Luck....

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Now I'm in need of this sensor. Goes into the transparent bottom of my fuel/water separator. As you can see the yellow wire broke free from the sensor. I am going to attempt to solder it but ultimately I'd like a whole new sensor. 

Wondering if it's why I'm getting an "Engine Comm Failure" message on my Medallion display and sometimes unable to start the coach (cranks but won't start on occasion). As seen in this thread over on irv2.com https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/engine-comm-failure-72170.html

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

Edited by Makalu