Hidden Switches

Hunting in the bedroom for the switch which controls the fan and the Aladdin "joystick" we found this array of controls below.

BedrmSwitchArray2.thumb.jpg.8fe50692f7fdace40a0c98c1a6b0edd6.jpg

Thinking of relocating the switches since they're basically inaccessible without moving the mattress.  Also wondering if this was the 'standard' Monaco placement on models with windows at the side of the bed.  My tentative plan is to build a shallow box to match and mount alongside the window valence.  I may have to rotate the Intellitec switches 90 degrees to fit.  If anyone has run into this switch placement, how did you deal with it?

BedrmMonitor-WIndow.thumb.jpg.38ee82927ba87e7f906cf78bede76d4c.jpg

Edited by rpasetto
fix typos

Rick,

In my 07 coach the bedroom has closets alongside of the bed, the switches you show are mounted in the side of the cabinet, the Aladdin "joystick" is mounted next the monitor with the fan switch below it, the multiplex switches are mounted below the Aladdin monitor.

Bill B 07 Dynasty Squire VI

GENERIC COMMENT.

The lighted switches on the two keypads are part of the Intellitec MPX system.  There is usually a 3 wire (maybe #14) connector.  Splicing in 3 wires to lengthen would not be an issue….just use a ratcheting crimper and high quality butt splices. SOME of the MPX switches may, doubt in this case, have an additional 2 wire pigtail.  Same deal….splice as needed.

The fan control switch should be the same.  Probably or hopefully #12 stranded.  Should NOT be an issue.

Joy Stick….no idea….don’t know what the other switch on the left is.  As long as no “proprietary” or special wiring cables..good to go….the Joy Stick may be a MPX with shield…..lots of options for finding similar.

16 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

GENERIC COMMENT.

The lighted switches on the two keypads are part of the Intellitec MPX system.  There is usually a 3 wire (maybe #14) connector.  Splicing in 3 wires to lengthen would not be an issue….just use a ratcheting crimper and high quality butt splices. SOME of the MPX switches may, doubt in this case, have an additional 2 wire pigtail.  Same deal….splice as needed.

The fan control switch should be the same.  Probably or hopefully #12 stranded.  Should NOT be an issue.

Joy Stick….no idea….don’t know what the other switch on the left is.  As long as no “proprietary” or special wiring cables..good to go….the Joy Stick may be a MPX with shield…..lots of options for finding similar.

Thanks, Tom. 

If I need to extend the wires I'll also shut down power to the intellitec system... just in case.  To the left of these are a 110V outlet and an "RJ" telephone connector which I will leave as-is. 

on the Aladdin switch there are difference lengths. Don't know how far you need to move the switch. Northwest RV Supply has some of the cables 866-678-7467

Hope this helps. Marlon

My Patriot Thunder has the almost same setup by the bed but the mattress doesn't cover them.  My fan switch is overhead between the overhead reading spot lights easily reached by either occupant.  Your mattress must be much thicker.  The pillows do affect the unused phone and seldom used 120v socket.  When you raise the bed up and unscrew the plywood frame to gain access to the wiring you might find enough slack there to accomplish relocation without splices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

When you raise the bed up and unscrew the plywood frame to gain access to the wiring you might find enough slack there to accomplish relocation without splices.

I discovered this wiring when I replaced my mattress for a queen size, which was narrower than OEM's RV King.  With the mattress gone, I wanted to modify the plywood base, so I temporarily removed all of the wood.  Took notes on the wiring underneath, and confirmed that my wiring comes up from below then splits to the left and right of the bed under where the pillows are.  On the sides of the bed base (pillow area), my unit has a plywood-based covers between the wall and floor which are held in place with screws.  There may be a couple to few inches of extra wire available, but probably not 6.

Tip: it may not be necessary to fully remove the mattress.  Just pull it away from the wall and unscrew the plywood piece that sits under your pillows.  Wiring will be accessible.

image.png.70f6e61735c71a6e8bcddbf28c62962c.png

Edited by DBRV.0