2007 Diplomat - Slide gear information needed. Thanks.

My slide gear is slipping on my front roadside slide 14 ft of my 2007 Monaco diplomat paq. I have had a number of calls into shops and they all don't seem to want to work on it cuz they come up with a reason not to keep the appointment. I had a tech out to my coach and he said it's too big a job to do on the road they need a forklift or other equipment. Any suggestions I'm in Southern California in Acton I'm getting stonewalled by everybody. Please advise

I have to find out how many teeth are in my gear mechanism for the slide in front roadside onmy Monaco 07 diplomat paq.  

24383 (1).jpeg

I'm trying to found out for my tech, how many teeth are in the gear for my front roadside slide. I have two, Monaco Diplomat 07, paq.  

Sorry if a duplicate post but I don't know if anyone followed up on the original post. 

Moderator Edit.  This topic was a duplicate.  It has now been edited and combined with the original.  

24383 (1).jpeg

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Diplomat - Slide gear information needed. Thanks.

There are many different ones. You need the model of the slide. If you have a Power Gear slide, attached is a picture of what to look for. So more information is needed to figure out which one you need.

Kitchen Slide.jpg

Russ, where might this info be and should it be accessible. I didn't see any labels near the gear in my original photo. TIA Joel

Posted (edited)

Found on our parts list some slide gear info but still can't find out if 15,18 or 21 teeth after on my coach. Is there a work around to finding the correct gear without getting in there and removing the original gear

Edited by Joel Sheriff
Add info

There should be a sticker on the motor, with that you might be able to figure out the slide system itself.   There may also be a controller specific to the system that might help identify.  Look at any other parts you can see to try and find a part number.   Post any numbers you come up with and I'll try and help source info

Most of the info I've accumulated is older for my coach but may be helpful.  Attached is a service manual for Power Gear slides.  It does have info on how to troubleshoot and service. 

If you do find a part number on a part do a search in this document to see if you get hits.

PowerGearSlides-ServiceManual.pdf

11 hours ago, Joel Sheriff said:

Found on our parts list some slide gear info but still can't find out if 15,18 or 21 teeth after on my coach. Is there a work around to finding the correct gear without getting in there and removing the original gear

You need the specifics.  Don’t know the “logistics” of where the motor and such are.  HOWEVER many of us own and use a “camera”.  See the photo.  It can be used, wirelessly, with a PC or phone or twblet.  I use my iPad for a larger screen and more detail.  The camera “box” has a wireless transmitter….and it shows up as a “router” or like a wireless connection you might use at a restaurant or library or such.  You “connect” to it.  Then the camera’s lens appears on the screen.  You watch that and  then insert it into a “blind” cavity.  Great for looking to see how stuff is attached.  If you can snake the camera snd see the motor or drive…..you will get PN and such.  Saved many of us a LOT of work .

VERY reliable,  the black cord is sort of stiff, but flexible….so you can prebend or move or twist around.  If you ever need to pull an HDMI cable from a device….and not remove it….you can move the camera behind it and then see your hand snd the HDMI end and the “hole” and it is easy to plug in.

Amazon sells them. This is the one I ordered….I think Frank McElroy recommended it….probably others out there.  Just look at the ratings.  There is an LED light to provide illumination

Good Luck

IMG_1185.png

Thanks gentlemen, the info Tom is great but I need to buy the camera. I'm getting worse in mobility so I'm going to leave that up to my tech. Nice guy let's meet buy parts if I can get cheaper etc. JIM, that's a great manual, it should help alot when I get to the replacement. It may even help the tech.  You guys are a big help, thanks very much AGAIN.  JOEL

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping someone with an 07 Dip had the issue and knew how many teeth were on my gears. I guess it's run it course so I'll inquire elsewhere for hopefully an exact answer. Thanks all e can close out this thread