2003 Signature. Kwikee Step 30 amp fuse location. Help. Thanks.

I have a 2003 Signature Centurion. I am trying to locate the 30 amp fuse to my Series 36 Kwikee steps. I have looked in the battery compartment and near the steps themselves with no joy. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!!!

Mike I have a fuse box in the engine bay, on on the street side in front of the front wheel and 2 fuse boxes in the bedroom. I could not find any 25 or 30 amp INLINE fuses. All I saw were “blade” fuses. 
Keith

I have 3 fuse bays or “areas.” One is in the engine bay, one is in a compartment on the street side in front of the tire and a third is inside the bedroom. 
i found Step fuses but none were an INLINE 25 or 30 amp fuse.  I’m not even sure what an “INLINE” fuse looks like. I’ve only know what a “blade” style fuse looks like. 
I’ll take pics and maybe someone can ID it. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I STILL cannot identify the “inline” 30 amp fuse for my Kwikee steps. 
Could someone send me a picture and location of where yours is?

I have a 2003 Signature Centurion if that helps. I have searched in my engine bay fuse box, my front street side fuse bay, my fuse panel in my bedroom, the small fuse box in my closet, my battery bay and under and around the steps themselves

If I knew what I was looking for, it might help. I only know what the blade fuses you push in look like. Not sure what an “inline” fuse looks like or what it’s “housed” in for protection. 
 Thanks for helping. 

Keith

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Signature. Kwikee Step 30 amp fuse location. Help. Thanks.
4 hours ago, Keith H. said:

I have a 2003 Signature Centurion if that helps. I have searched in my engine bay fuse box, my front street side fuse bay, my fuse panel in my bedroom, the small fuse box in my closet, my battery bay and under and around the steps themselves

If I knew what I was looking for, it might help. I only know what the blade fuses you push in look like. Not sure what an “inline” fuse looks like or what it’s “housed” in for protection. 
 Thanks for helping. 

Keith

Keith,

Our MH's are complex and many folks don't have the electrical expertise to fully understand them.  But, we all have to learn.  Here is two resources for you as well as some help to improve your trouble shooting skills.

First, you PROBABLY, I hope, have the owner's manual.  If so, you have prints.  If you scroll through the back of the manual, there is a print called DYN NAV EXE SIG Power Entry Step Wiring.

I pulled this on from the 2003 Dynasty.  FWIW.  The Dynasty and UP all had the same basic wiring harnesses.  There were items or features that were added to the upper ends, so they were INCLUDED on the prints....but specific for that model. The step is the SAME.  Here is the print for yours...  If your print is different, then Monaco made a change.  BUT, most likely....this is it.  Monaco made a MAJOR change in the electrical systems circa 2005/6.  SO, odds are, any comments or help for those years might be a wild goose chase...or it might be right.  SO, we, the Moderators, always find a set of drawing that is one year older or younger and we can help in 90% of the issues.

There are typically at least 5 or 6 different "FUSES" in our MH.  An Inline fuse is a glass fuse in a cylindrical holder or it can be a blade fuse in a socket. Next up are the Circuit Breakers.  Monaco used the term "CB" and there are many in your MH.  This is a device that will "trip" when something happens...but if the condition corrects itself, it then resets AUTOMATICALLY and all is well.  Headlights is one of the issues.  Next is a Mini-Circuit Breaker. 

Look on the print.  There is a Mini -Breaker in the REAR RUN box (Plate).  This is the 20 Amp one.  It will be a "square" device...looks like a Relay.  There is a lever or arm on it.  When it trips, the lever will be hanging down or will be obvious that it has tripped.  You can look at the surrounding ones... Their levers will be tight or close and that is the normal position.  You push the lever back to where it is close to the body.  BINGO....if is reset.  NOW if there is STILL a "short" or issue, it will immediately TRIP again.  It works exactly like a Circuit Breaker in your home panel. THIS IS THE POWER to the step.

EDIT....another moderator just sent me a photo and I pulled two from my files.

The TOCAS is a "Mini Style" breaker.  It is a 150 Amp.  Lower amperage ones may be "smaller". If you look at the second photo, the Auto RESET is the small black box on the circuit board.  The final photo with the switch also has the "same" 150 Amp Breaker as the first.  Look in the lower right corner and that is how it is installed.  Your Dynasty may have them on a rack or a board....so look at the labels. 

END OF EDIT... 

Also NOTICE...there is a 5 Amp FUSE that provides an Ignition Signal.  It is located in the Front Run bay.  There are diagrams in the manual as well as in the prints that show the location.  There is also a decal on every fuse block that lists the fuses.  BOTH these have to work.  So, that's it.

NOW....continuing....there are TWO types of fuses on your MH, or at least on MOST.  There are larger Mini Fuses....that have higher current.  Don't know about the size...but if you see a black box with a lever (sometimes red or yellow) then it can be a Breaker or a Mini-Breaker.  If the arm is tripped or hanging out...it is an open circuit.  There MAY be long fuses..  BUSSMANN was usually the brand. You can see the fusable link (the part that melts) under the plastic cover. There is also a HIGH CURRENT FUSE that is connected to the Positive on your Inverter.  In your case, it might be 300 Amp, 350 Amps or 400Amps.  Monaco kept changing.

THAT THE DRILL...  NOW, to help you in the future....do some YouTube digging and you can learn to do electrical trouble shooting and how to use a Volt Ohm Meter.  You will have, unless you intend to have a tech fix everything, to learn to use a VOM.  YouTube has probably 100 Videos...

NEXT UP.  Here is the prints or the 2003 Dynasty.  I would download them.  This print has one valuable tool....you can SEARCH for any specific item....like STEP.  The person that supplied us with them did a "WORD" Index as the first page.  He listed the drawing name and the page of the PDF that they are in.  If you look at any Adobe Reader..  there is a FIND TEXT OR TOOLS (magnifying glass) in the upper right corner.  Put in STEP and hit enter.  It will show you EVERY print that has the word "STEP" in it.  A WHOLE LOT quicker than scrolling through.  If you don't know how to use this Adobe feature, google it and learn.  it is a TIME SAVER.

That's it.  Good Luck.  Here are the 2003 Dynasty Drawings...

2003 Dynasty and UP Step diagram.pdf

IMG_3656.PNG

PXL_20240423_124938114.jpg

IMG_1290.JPEG

Tom, Thanks for your advise. I have the full wiring diagram “booklet” and have learned several things, but still have a long ways to go. A lot of it looks Greek to me. Scratch that, I can read and speak Greek, and Hebrew a little. It looks like the Thailand language spelled out. 
I think I’m going to take a basic electrical course. It can’t hurt. 

7 hours ago, Keith H. said:

Thanks for helping. 

Keith

Here’s a photo of an inline blade style fuse.  

IMG_5006.jpeg

Thank you Dan D. 
BTW, I have a friend who I served with when I was in Air Force Special Tactics. You aren’t him are you?  He’s a Navy Seal and always went by Dan D. 
Wouldn’t that be a hoot!

On 4/23/2024 at 12:28 PM, Keith H. said:

Thank you Dan D. 
BTW, I have a friend who I served with when I was in Air Force Special Tactics. You aren’t him are you?  He’s a Navy Seal and always went by Dan D. 
Wouldn’t that be a hoot!

Keith,

I was the N6 at DEVGRU from 93-96.  Worked with the CCT’s/PJ’s STS guys.  Most were from Bragg or Hurlburt.