Broken wiper arm

Go to solution Solved by Jim McGarvie,

LNot sure if this is the correct forum.  While driving recently my passenger side wiper arm broke at the point where it bolts on.  Fortunately no damage to the coach.  Coach is 2007 HR Vacationer XL, diesel pusher.  Does anyone knowthe make of the arm and if it has a tapered or straight mounting hole? Thanks for an info.

IMG_1021.jpeg

• Solution
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, top flight said:

LNot sure if this is the correct forum.  While driving recently my passenger side wiper arm broke at the point where it bolts on.  Fortunately no damage to the coach.  Coach is 2007 HR Vacationer XL, diesel pusher.  Does anyone knowthe make of the arm and if it has a tapered or straight mounting hole? Thanks for an info.

That looks just like the ones I just replaced on our coach last week! Does it have "Dyna made in Brazil" stamped on it? I got ours from Rome Truck Parts:

http://rometruckparts.com/

Ours were the LE 62220  24"  Wet (wet meaning with the washer hose), but your length may be different. Kristin at RTP (kristin@rometruckparts.com) was very helpful.

Edited by Jim McGarvie

AM Equipment is the OEM for many Monacos. Check to see if their name is on any of the hardware under the hood.

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.39980293ba9f97a1c8c44fd2e839875c.jpeg

Here is a thread on them:

Edited by Scotty Hutto
Updated to clarify per comments below

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

AM Equipment is the OEM. Here is a thread on them:

AM equipment didn't necessarily make all the wipers for Monaco even though they were just the road from Coburg. While at FMCA regional rallye last summer went to the factory with wiper arm for 2005 HR Imperial and they didn't manufacture for them that year. Very helpful but lady in the office took one look at the arm and said it wasn't one of theirs. Looked thru the computer and couldn't find who was but said they could probably make one but declined and kept looking. Thought having a one of built might be a little costly. If someone is going to try AM I would suggest sending picture and see if they were th manufacturer. Good luck to the original poster. Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diplomat don said:

AM equipment didn't necessarily make all the wipers for Monaco even though they were just the road from Coburg. While at FMCA regional rallye last summer went to the factory with wiper arm for 2005 HR Imperial and they didn't manufacture for them that year. Very helpful but lady in the office took one look at the arm and said it wasn't one of theirs. Looked thru the computer and couldn't find who was but said they could probably make one but declined and kept looking. Thought having a one of built might be a little costly. If someone is going to try AM I would suggest sending picture and see if they were th manufacturer. Good luck to the original poster. Don

Yes,

but if you use WIPER ARM in search box then click on EVERWHERE, you will get all the posts. Over the years, these posts have a link or a name to every vendor since 2000 or so and also links to aftermarket distributors that can readily identify the OEM vendor and have parts or have sourced replacement parts for those vendors that may no longer be in business.

AM is usually the first GOTO as they dominated the wiper suppliers.

Download the parts list.  It has at least 3 or more.

Diesel Equipment (add wiper blades when you google) has been the BEST OTHER source.  They understand the systems and have arms that are better than OEM’S  The AM arms are a bit on the puny side for the 32” blades.  I have new ones and run 28” and they work great.  The area not cleaned is for the panorama stuff you see in photos and not critical to driving.  The 28” blades also will make the motor and linkage last longer… way less drag so the motor is not stressed to max force.

BTW…I used to visit the ANCO plant and talked to the engineers.  ANCO made all the arms and blades for every OEM AM unit.  AM LATER outsourced them when we closed the ANCO plant…

YOu folks are awesome!  I appreciate all of the replies.  Couldn’t find any markings on wiper arm, probably too corroded.  Unit in storage, I will check “under the hood” when I go there next weekend.  I will also follow the helpful links.  When I find the maker I will post for other HR users info.