Air leveling problem.

Almost a week of ownership, still learning about all this 2007 Dynasty has to offer. Our first night our site had a pretty good slope that raised the rear quite a bit, to the extent it couldn't self level but really close. Next site and current location site is really level, self leveled no problem, but wasn't long before the control panel started flashing with the slope indication. Started the engine leveled but again next morning same flashing, this time I noticed the clicking of the solenoids attempting to level.  I've checked fuses all good. Looking at the information here, I'm thinking the aux leveling compressor isn't working. Any other ideas or tips greatly appreciated. 

TIA

The Aux compressors have a 99.99% failure rate. I recently had my HWH Aux Compressor Platform completely removed. I am rebuilding it this summer with all new components then it will be installed inside in an accessible location out of the weather where it can easily be serviced.

6 hours ago, Jim Dinwiddie said:

I'm thinking the aux leveling compressor isn't working. Any other ideas or tips greatly appreciated. 

TIA

Your '07 coach likely has the Valid/ Powergear system. This system has it's own small air tank that is filled by both the chassis tanks, and the electric aux compressor.

Find that little tank and open it's drain valve. If the compressor doesn't start.... A- the compressor is shot. B- a previous owner added a switch somewhere to kill power to the compressor. C- fuse or wiring to the compressor. 

There is also a pressure control switch wired to the compressor that frequently fail!

That's just dealing with whether the aux compressor is working. If you were parked in a reasonably level site, you shouldn't have any 'slope' alarms!

Maybe try rebooting the system. With the leveling system powered up, hold the on/off button for 10sec, till it beeps.

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I relocated a new compressor next to the generator from behind the front tire.

IMG_5949.jpeg

Little overkill there Dick!

You use it for airing tires as well?

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Does that support your air leveling system?

Yes

41 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Little overkill there Dick!

You use it for airing tires as well?

No,  already setup to use engine’s compressor.

IMG_8964.png

Edited by Ivylog

First thing is to find out why it is not staying level. Is there an air leak and where. Until you get new compressor if that is the issue, use manual mode to level. My compressor went about a year ago and I haven't replaced it yet but will very soon. Just use manual mode after it self levels. Hangs a very long time before I need to adjust . Before I had a small leak and I corrected it.

The compressor is pretty much unnecessary if parked on level ground and there are NO leaks in the leveling system. If it kicks in, it is to compensate for leaks or, if on uneven  ground for bag pressure changes with uneven air volumes in them. My Thomas compressor lasted for over 20 years and then it only needed to clean the collector area. It stay where it always was.

6 hours ago, Ivan K said:

iThe compressor is pretty much unnecessary if parked on level ground and there are NO leaks in the leveling system. If it kicks in, it is to compensate for leaks or, if on uneven  ground for bag pressure changes with uneven air volumes in them. My Thomas compressor lasted for over 20 years and then it only needed to clean the collector area. It stay where it always was.

Where is it located? 

6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Yeah, would have been helpful to know if any side or corner had dropped significantly.

The coach is level, the control panel is flashing and the solenoids are clicking, like it's trying to adjust. Y

I 'think' on your Dynasty it is back around the rear drive axle. 

The drain for the aux tank is likely remotely located. They wouldn't have you crawl under the coach to drain it.