Dont think there's one wit 0-8" H2O but these minders can easily be tested with handheld vacuum pump if in doubt. Typical range for diesels is 25" H2O for an alarm, if so equipped. It is a good practice resetting them once a while, a sudden drop in reading is an indication of a potential trouble just as an increase.

20 minutes ago, JeffM31 said:

Im thinking of cutting a piece out of it or even drill some holes in it.  Above the water line of course

Before I went to that trouble, I would disconnect the intake at the filter inlet, zero the filter minder, and take her for a run with some hard pulls, getting your turbo boost up to max.

*Oh, obviously on a nice "dry" day!

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Before I went to that trouble, I would disconnect the intake at the filter inlet, zero the filter minder, and take her for a run with some hard pulls, getting your turbo boost up to max.

Yes I was thinking that too, I have to wait, I have her tore apart at the moment changing coolant, belt, hoses, pulley, etc.

5 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Question of the hour, which minder is supposed to be on there?  Mine max is 25 I see donaldson has a 30. Am I chasing a lost cause due to the wrong minder on there?

Edited by JeffM31

2 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Your engine manual should have a section similar to our M11/ISM to reference the max limit but I think this is true for most diesels

Screenshot_20240429_131630_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

I just have the Monaco book, is this from there?   I think 25 is standard though 

1 minute ago, JeffM31 said:

I just have the Monaco book, is this from there?   I think 25 is standard though 

It is from M11 spec document, there should be one for your respective engine. Not sure if in the coach manual.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

It is from M11 spec document, there should be one for your respective engine. Not sure if in the coach manual.

Found it on Quickserve, from this 10 is normal??? Maybe I am for sure chasing nothing

Maximum Intake Restriction

Clean Air Filter Element 254 mm H2O [10 in H2O]Dirty Air Filter Element 635 mm H2O [25 in H2O]
Edited by JeffM31

A few years back, I noticed that the "cobra head" elbow was collapsed and replaced it. Boost went up a bit after that.

In a recent rain storm I noticed the minder is now in the yellow range but I still get 30-32 PSI of boost.  It bounces back and forth between the 2 and always has.

My main air intake is a scoop on the roof at the rear with a long accordion tube running down to the air box - VERY similar to what/where Jeff M pictured. I've never understood or figured out how rain water would not make its way to the air filter.