Replacing Gas Cooktop

24 minutes ago, richmelcole@sbcglobal.net said:

Was thinking about replacing the propane gas cooktop with induction type.  Has anyone done this upgrade?  Rich

We replaced ours with a double induction cooktop five years ago and it's worked great.   He used an extension cord to plug into the washer/dryer outlet and we had a granite piece installed to cover the area now vacant so everything lays flat.  One bonus is that we now have space underneath to hold the stove and sink covers.

Tricia N.

'06 Diplomat

Edited by sheena154

I wrote an article on what we did. Send me your email and I will send it to you. It has pictures. R E J  at  G T E  dot  N E T

Ron Jones

Remember induction burner use about 1800 watts , when set on highest setting. There are some that are around 1500 watts. Just thinking about wiring size and fused If built in.    

1800 watts is 15A @ 120VAC

This is maxed out for 15A circuit, so when running the cooktop make sure it is the only thing running on that circuit.

I did this replacement about 2 years ago. Biggest problem I had was getting power to the area. What I did was to run a new cable behind the cabinets, under the shower and bath sink into the back bedroom under the cabinets there  then into the cabinet where the washer/dryer would have been. I then plugged into the outlet prewired for the W/D. Was a lot of work but worth it! We love Induction. as we also have it in our home.

The counter was fixed by adding new pieces of the same type material. then I had a cabinet shop glue it all together.

15 hours ago, richmelcole@sbcglobal.net said:

Was thinking about replacing the propane gas cooktop with induction type.  Has anyone done this upgrade?  Rich

20190706_070940.jpg

Edited by dlelsner