Collision repairs

2004 Monaco, La Palma 36DBD. Two piece front windshield passenger side needs to be replaced. Need the passenger side, power mirror replaced and marker light along front right. Motorhome is drivable now and the front damage is mostly cosmetic. Progressive has determined that the unit is totaled. Located in the finger lakes region of upstate New York. I may try to acquire the motorhome back as salvage as it is way too nice to scrap. If the motorhome was located back in Florida, where I winter for six months, there would be no problem getting someone to come to the motorhome to replace the windshield and I could take it somewheres possibly near Lakeland for the bodywork. Any suggestions or ideas?

https://www.rvglass.com/

I had my windshield replaced back in 2010, worked with insurance and they in turn used Duncan who then has a local shop do it. 

Sounds like you have front cap damage.  If it is minor fiberglass it can be fixed.  Major damage might require front cap replacement which are few and far between.  I've seen individuals who source one from salvage yard.  It is doable but to have a shop do it is $$$$, hence the reason the insurance company totaled. 

Good luck

I asked Source Eng and they said that Coach Glass has the glass in their warehouse for all Monacos and to order from them. Unfortunately the closest shop they have is Indiana. 
Getting a reliable shop in the Northeast is challenging and I can only suggest that you call the carious ‘big’ rv glass shops to find one in your area. 

25 minutes ago, n4248z said:

2004 Monaco, La Palma 36DBD. Two piece front windshield passenger side needs to be replaced. Need the passenger side, power mirror replaced and marker light along front right. Motorhome is drivable now and the front damage is mostly cosmetic. Progressive has determined that the unit is totaled. Located in the finger lakes region of upstate New York. I may try to acquire the motorhome back as salvage as it is way too nice to scrap. If the motorhome was located back in Florida, where I winter for six months, there would be no problem getting someone to come to the motorhome to replace the windshield and I could take it somewheres possibly near Lakeland for the bodywork. Any suggestions or ideas?

Duncan and I THINK….RV Glass solutions have shops in Elkhart.  Duncan was running a “have the tempered glass” for the side made…. They do the install.  You have to have the glass frame pulled…many local shops in Elkhart will do that.

Duncan, in 2018, had my prints.  The other pane shattered.  I used 3 layers of clear Gorilla and drove it.  From SEATTLE to Duncan in Elkhart.  Back then, there was a “drive in” CG there.

RV Glass and others can also fix.  They pull the frame.  They cut “Windshield or the two pane sandwich glass with a plastic filling”.  Either will work.  WS glass would, per Glass Solutions, look a smidge different…tinted tempered vs tinted WS glass.  I opted for the Duncan factory tempered…took 5 weeks and we had an appointment in Elkhart at a shop.  Timing was perfect.

That’s what I know and how it worked 6 years ago.  

Duncan moved, but has two sites in Indiana.  RV Glass has a large site in Elkhart.  They might recommend a shop to get a mirror ….

I can't see why just about any autoglass shop couldn't replace a 2 piece front glass if the frame is undamaged. Coach Glass has contract installers all over the place but even if they did not, its not that huge glass and only goes into a rubber gasket, I assume. Depends if it is worth the effort after what you pay to buy it back. Dont know how it works where you are but I did good with totalled vehicles. Have bought back 2 vehicles in the past and because they never went to junk yard, the title remained clean and only needed minor work. Wife went through a barbed fence, insurance totalled the dodge ram with just paint damage and I traded it untouched for more than double. The other needed some sheetmetal and front paint. It was a beautiful black on black, no rust, loaded Town Car Signature for $260! Less than 1k total after repair. Kept it for maybe 8 years as a loaner to my best customers and still sold for 400% profit. Still had under 90k miles on it.

I had a damage similar to what you describe, glass, mirror, step, fiberglass, paint. Got ~27k from insurance to have it fixed on my own. Cost me less than 10k to repair and paid for a bunch of diesel and upgrades. So, it depends.