Air bag stuck

Are you saying the air bag is inflated but the coach isn't lifting?  How do you know that it's inflated?  What PSI does the gauge say?  Do you hear any air noise?

What won't move?  The suspension or the Wheels?

Posted (edited)

Is it higher than ride hight? If so, travel mode should get it at least that low. If it doesn't get lower after that, I would suspect the 6 pack solenoid or it's connection if air leveling. If not, dump valve.

Possibly plugged exhaust port.

Edited by Ivan K

Problem solved for now. My plan was to drive to Las Vegas and deal with the problem there, but to my surprise by the time we climbed the long hill out of Laughlin it became unstuck and the motorhome leveled out. Had no problem leveling at our site here in Las Vegas. So for now we will continue our trip.  Thanks for the help.

@Hancoman That most certainly sounds like you had a temporary stuck solenoid that would not open. I had a similar experience with my Windsor one day where the coach would come up to ride height except for the right front corner. I had to manually raise that corner using the HWH Air Leveling pad. However, when I put the coach into drive the right corner would drop as it automatically shut off the HWH.

So to get on down the road I manually raised the right corner and drove with one hand on the HWH keypad to keep the right corner up level and one hand on the steering wheel. If I had let go of the HWH the corner would drop. I drove like that for about 10 miles in the Adirondacks until we got to the next whistle-stop and pulled over to take a break. When we started up the coach to leave the coach came right up to ride height and it never ever happened again.

• 2 weeks later...

My air bag problems continue. The other day left the rv park and the front air bags did no come up at all, when I hit a bump the motor home bounced so much I could barely hold on to the wheel. I pulled over and raised the front manually that seemed to correct the problem.  When we get to a new spot the coach will no automatically level out I have to make the adjustments myself to level.

Could my problem be the touch pad or something else. It seems after traveling a while 50 to 100 miles everything levels out and it drives great.

This certainly is an interesting problem, from your description. Maybe more than one. It could be a controller issue but I would not jump to that yet. Assuming the rear ride hight worked while none of the front sides did? In Travel Mode, the only common point for both fronts is the ride hight valve and its rod. Next, each side has its own solenoid valve, both would have to fail, unlikely. Are they getting power from controller? Maybe, maybe not, can't tell.

As far as the leveling, all ride hight valves are out of the picture so there is something else going on but I can't tell from the description. Being seemingly random makes it harder to pinpoint. Bad connections are a possibility.