Jump to content

Slide roller adjustment drivers side bedroom - 2008 Executive.


Go to solution Solved by Daryl Ammons,

Recommended Posts

2008 Monaco Executive slide is dragging underneath.  It is the Driver's side slide and is a Lippert electric slide.The gap between the bottom of the slide and the frame is visible less toward the rear of the slide compared to the  the front and is causing a scarring of the laminant under the slide.  I have found the rollers but have not found a way to access the adjustment of the rear roller.  Can anyone tell me how to adjust that roller?

Daryl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the bolt on the bottom of the roller assembly is the vertical adjustment. I believe the slide needs to be supported when making this adjustment but others may chime in to confirm. Scraping on the laminate may indicate roller wear/ misalignment. Many install Guardian plates on the lower surface of the slide to resolve this condition.

IMG_20231119_141113265.jpg

IMG_20231119_140911035.jpg

IMG_20231119_140848457.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tom Cherry changed the title to Slide roller adjustment drivers side bedroom - 2008 Executive.

My issue, virtually the same, I think, slide in my 2009 Camelot was a “ding” or a dent in the underside of the slide right aboce the drive wheel.  The solution, in conjunction with Chris Throgmartin, was to install Guardian plates.  Memory say this was in 2015 and the plates were just being made.

Depending on the travel and timing, I might adjust now and then install plates. That underside is barely 1/4”….may be thicker on the Exec.  I did the job in my driveway….my first set of plates.  Have 3 sets now. The roller configuration is the simplest and easiest of the three.

The picture is great. I used bottle jacks for more control and “balancing” when lifting the total slide up.  On mine, the rear roller was maybe 18” from the corner of the underside and the rear sidewall.  So my rear plate is about 24” wide.  Front is normal width.

Works great and nary a problem.  Highly recommend “plating” to prevent future water damage….as well as to keep from shredding the underside.  Fixing or replacing that has been a monster for many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

My issue, virtually the same, I think, slide in my 2009 Camelot was a “ding” or a dent in the underside of the slide right aboce the drive wheel.  The solution, in conjunction with Chris Throgmartin, was to install Guardian plates.  Memory say this was in 2015 and the plates were just being made.

Depending on the travel and timing, I might adjust now and then install plates. That underside is barely 1/4”….may be thicker on the Exec.  I did the job in my driveway….my first set of plates.  Have 3 sets now. The roller configuration is the simplest and easiest of the three.

The picture is great. I used bottle jacks for more control and “balancing” when lifting the total slide up.  On mine, the rear roller was maybe 18” from the corner of the underside and the rear sidewall.  So my rear plate is about 24” wide.  Front is normal width.

Works great and nary a problem.  Highly recommend “plating” to prevent future water damage….as well as to keep from shredding the underside.  Fixing or replacing that has been a monster for many.

Hey Tom, thanks for the input.  I think the plates are definitely in my future but I need to see if i can adjust up that end to relieve some strain on the motor for now.  When I push the switch to extend the slide it will go a few inches then cut off for a few seconds and then start again.  Talked to Frank and he said it sounded like the slide was in a bind or strain and the motor was cutting out. Got to investigating and found that the slide is binding on the rear end of the slide.  So, as is always the case, Frank nailed it.  Problem is finding the access to adjust the rear roller.  Do you jack up the slide and access the rear roller adjustment from the outside?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Access is from inside the coach. The slide needs to be extended. There is a carpeted cover held in place by 1 screw....may be difficult to see the screw since it's embedded in the carpet. I supported the slide from the outside to verify the roller was turning... only need to unweight the roller. I found the rubber sleeve had migrated to the fwd end of the roller causing the aft exposed end to scrape the underside.

IMG_20240528_095458779.jpg

IMG_20240528_095434872.jpg

Caution: small adjustments if needed!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
48 minutes ago, det944 said:

Access is from inside the coach. The slide needs to be extended. There is a carpeted cover held in place by 1 screw....may be difficult to see the screw since it's embedded in the carpet. I supported the slide from the outside to verify the roller was turning... only need to unweight the roller. I found the rubber sleeve had migrated to the fwd end of the roller causing the aft exposed end to scrape the underside.

IMG_20240528_095458779.jpg

IMG_20240528_095434872.jpg

Caution: small adjustments if needed!

Thanks Dan, I will go see if I can locate that screw.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Daryl Ammons said:

Thanks Dan, I will go see if I can locate that screw.

LOTS OF LIGHT...like a LED flashlight (Maglite with a focused beam or a small hand held) is needed.  When Monaco drives in the screw, it disappears.  LITERALLY.  YOU sometimes have to use small screwdriver or an ice pick and literally just keep pushing into the carpet....THEN BINGO...you hit metal. BEEN THERE...>DONE THAT...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Johnny Mo said:

This is where mine is on my 2007 Signature

IMG_7155.jpg

Johnny Mo you were correct, my adjustment for that roller is located behind those loovers.  I jacked the slide up where I could see the roller better from inside and found the issue.  The rubber has come off the roller and  that is why the bottom is of the slide is being scarred.  I got a ratchet on the bolt on the end of the roller but have not been able to turn the bolt.  I was wondering if anyone knows if that might be a left hand thread possibly. Don’t have a lot of space to work with but I should have been able to break that bolt loose I would think.

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

6 hours ago, det944 said:

Access is from inside the coach. The slide needs to be extended. There is a carpeted cover held in place by 1 screw....may be difficult to see the screw since it's embedded in the carpet. I supported the slide from the outside to verify the roller was turning... only need to unweight the roller. I found the rubber sleeve had migrated to the fwd end of the roller causing the aft exposed end to scrape the underside.

IMG_20240528_095458779.jpg

IMG_20240528_095434872.jpg

Caution: small adjustments if needed!

Hey Dan did you have to replace the roller?  Most of the rubber gone off my roller so it is going to need to be replaced.  If you replaced yours, do you remember if the end bolts are standard right hand threads or are the left?  Mine is different from yours so don’t have near as much space to work with and the adjustment bolt is actually on the outside behind the radiator lovers, imagine that.  You’ll see in the picture that even with my slide lifted up as far as it will go with a jack, I have very little space to work with.  I got a ratchet on the bolt on the end of the roller but couldn’t get it to budge.  That’s why I was wondering if possibly a left hand thread?  IDK

IMG_7091.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's really lousy access- I didn't need to replace the roller-yet but it's just a matter of time. I was able to jack the slide which took the weight off the roller and re-centered the rubber cover. Once unweighted, it seemed the roller had a pivot point in the center allowing some float longitudinally. IIRC, the vertical adjustment bolt was easy to adjust but may have had a jambnut that needed to be loosened first, unfortunately I cannot recall those details. I would think there should be access to the roller to allow replacement/adjustment but it looks like your Executive is different than my Dynasty. I am still learning this beast!

I never attempted to remove the roller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, det944 said:

That's really lousy access- I didn't need to replace the roller-yet but it's just a matter of time. I was able to jack the slide which took the weight off the roller and re-centered the rubber cover. Once unweighted, it seemed the roller had a pivot point in the center allowing some float longitudinally. IIRC, the vertical adjustment bolt was easy to adjust but may have had a jambnut that needed to be loosened first, unfortunately I cannot recall those details. I would think there should be access to the roller to allow replacement/adjustment but it looks like your Executive is different than my Dynasty. I am still learning this beast!

I never attempted to remove the roller.

That’s all I got to work with 

IMG_7097.jpeg

5 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

LOTS OF LIGHT...like a LED flashlight (Maglite with a focused beam or a small hand held) is needed.  When Monaco drives in the screw, it disappears.  LITERALLY.  YOU sometimes have to use small screwdriver or an ice pick and literally just keep pushing into the carpet....THEN BINGO...you hit metal. BEEN THERE...>DONE THAT...

Hey Thomas,  my roller is toast, the rubber around it is almost completely gone.  It is allowing the end of the metal roller to run against the bottom of my slide resulting in the scarring.  
Have you ever had one of those rollers off?  I got very limited space to work with but I couldn’t get the end bolt that holds the roller on to turn at all.  Was wondering if it might be left hand threads for some reason?

IMG_7097.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Johnny Mo you were right again.  Compressed one end of the hex shaft and was Finally anble work it  out.  Looks like someone had put a piece of black plastic pipe around it at some point which maybe worked for a while until the bracket eat the end off the black plastic.  Did you replace your roller?  If so do you recall where you got the new one from?

 

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7098.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Curious, does the head of the bed box not have an access cover that’s about 12” wide that comes off to access your rollers?  That’s how my Dynasty access is OR I could crawl under the open area of the bed from the right side (I’m not quite small enough though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, MHRookie said:

 Curious, does the head of the bed box not have an access cover that’s about 12” wide that comes off to access your rollers?  That’s how my Dynasty access is OR I could crawl under the open area of the bed from the right side (I’m not quite small enough though).

You would think that they would have left some sort of access but I have looked and looked and if there is one I have not found it.  The right (front side)  side of the bed has a piece that is removed with one screw to access the adjustment but the left or rear of the slide doesn’t have an access that I have found.  To adjust that roller you have to remove the lovers, on the exterior where the top part of the radiator is, to access the adjustment bolt.  Sure didn’t design for novices to work on, LOL.

IMG_7097.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2024 at 10:55 PM, windsorbill06 said:

Call Cass Hudson 800-423-1511. When I bought mine I sent them pictures and they were very helpful getting me the exact replacements.

https://casshudson.com/collections/rv-rollers-brackets

Thank you so much, Bill, for the information.  After a lot of phone calls time searching was able to find the roller at Cass Hudson. 

My thanks to all of you who responded to this thread about my slide issues.  I was able to get to the roller, get it removed, and find a replacement because of all of the help you guys offered.  Monacoers.org is such a blessing to novices like myself.

I appreciate you all!

Daryl A

I am still learning so much about these beast but someday maybe I will be able to pass it along and help someone.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Daryl Ammons said:

Thank you so much, Bill, for the information.  After a lot of phone calls time searching was able to find the roller at Cass Hudson. 

My thanks to all of you who responded to this thread about my slide issues.  I was able to get to the roller, get it removed, and find a replacement because of all of the help you guys offered.  Monacoers.org is such a blessing to novices like myself.

I appreciate you all!

Daryl A

I am still learning so much about these beast but someday maybe I will be able to pass it along and help someone.

Darryl,

Thanks to you, as well as Bill.  YES...we learn.

Please PM @Frank McElroy with the complete information on the vendor (phone, website, etc) as well as the PN you ordered.  He will put that into the next update of the Part's list.  Good Luck...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...