2012 Monaco Palace 45

Recently came across a 2012 Dynasty for sale with a ISX 650 Hp motor. No DEF?

can anyone fill me in on where this came from as I thought Monaco quit after 2008?

it had interesting features such as Disc brakes on the Tag.

52 minutes ago, 747guy said:

Recently came across a 2012 Dynasty for sale with a ISX 650 Hp motor. No DEF?

can anyone fill me in on where this came from as I thought Monaco quit after 2008?

it had interesting features such as Disc brakes on the Tag.

There is a thread on a 2014 Dynasty that gives some history on the "breed"

This is (PROBABLY) one of the LAST "Pure Monaco's" built.  Navistar purchased, via Bankruptcy, Monaco...with all rights and intellectual property...except NO Liability (even for a NHTSA Recall) as Monaco was BELLY UP.

The continued to manufacture using all the tooling and such and made Monaco MH's.  BUT, their intent was also to integrate their MaxForce "mill".  They did that through the last years...

Later, they decided (after suffering a massive loss on the Maxforce...and paid the GOV a hefty fine for EVERY Maxforce engine they put in their vehicles (Monaco) or sold...that MH manufacturing was NO LONGER a "hobby" that they wanted to pursue.

NOW....as to the MILL.  When Navistar bought Monaco, they got all the WIP as well as the inventory.  Monaco HAS (or actually the Government ALLOWS) put in older engines.  They are allowed to label as the current MY...There was a RUN on wanting the 07 Emissions in 08's and Monaco specially built (or Dealers could call and lock in and specify) the older engines.  I know one dealer that ordered at least FIVE (2008) Navigators...with the 07 Emissions.  

SO...  IT DEPENDS.  NOW...the Caveat.  Per the MANUAL, this MH will be the Kongsberg-CCM Chassis.  There is a LOT of information in the files and topic.

If you use KONGSBERG as the "Search" word and click on Topics...  You will find a LOT.  If you choose Files...there is also a lot of well written and informative articles.

NOW...up until maybe 4 months ago, there was NO, ABSOLUTELY NONE....spare parts or modules or electronics for repairing a CCM component.  BUT, we have the ONLY resource in the country...   @Frank McElroy

He has devised a repair procedure and it, to the best of our collective knowledge, the ONLY person that can replace the chips and reprogram them.

The caveat with a CCM.  95% of the techs that attempt to work on the Chassis Control system don't really know what it is.  We have had techs that "figured it out" and bypassed and put in switches or "otherwise played Shade Tree Electrician" and the results are USUALLY...NO GOOD... should have put that in bold caps. Also, well intentioned owners, with a smattering of circuit knowledge....have "damaged" the systems.  USUALLY, such can be UNDONE....but the process can be as simple as moving a few wires to OMG....what is this pile of parts that was removed and thrown into a plastic bag....  LOL...that is NOT an overstatement....

SO...just be aware of the MH and it's systems and such... The reliability of the CCM's is not really that bad.  BUT, when they do have issues...as any MH will have, the availability of proper diagnostics and repair was very limited.  Do some research ONLINE and read up....then do the research here....  then you can make a well informed choice.... 

Good Luck

• Like 2

Navistar purchased Monaco Coach in Jun 2009.  In 2013 ASV (Rev Group) purchased Monaco, Thor and several other RV manufacturers.  I would guess a 2012 model was built from Monaco parts left after the sale to Navistar.  

Lucky and not lucky it has the Cummins ISX.  Navistar used their Maxxforce diesel engines in coaches, and they proved to be unreliable.  

However, the Cummins CM871 650hp ISX has had issues with intake valve failures.  It can be fixed but the repair is expensive.  The repair could have already been done. If not, it's probably a $30k repair. 

If you can get the coach cheap enough, then I'll bet it's a great coach.   

Thanks Vito for your answer. I just spoke with the selling dealer and they indeed offered it was built by Navistar and branded a Monaco as they had bought the rights. I will check with Cummins to see if the valve problem has been addressed.

Posted (edited)

I read a thread about a 2021 Monaco in the 1st Monaco Owner’s Group on Facebook. 

Per the timeline posted in this website (Monacoers.org)  by Scotty Hutto on February 15, 2021:

[2019 was the] last new model year for Monaco brand coaches with the Signature and Marquis being the last coaches remaining; apparently the 2019 model year coaches are still in production as of 2/15/2021.

I am guessing one could go to a Holiday Rambler dealer and “special order” a Monaco that was actually a rebranded Holiday Rambler or a Holiday Rambler built with leftover Monaco front and rear end caps. 

Edited by tomevansfl

The new Monaco and Holiday Rambler coaches are rebranded Fleetwood coaches.  Part of the Rev Group.  They have nothing in common with the original Monaco Coach Corp except the name.  

• Like 1