Does anyone have any idea what these lights might have been for.

Hi everyone bought this Monaco Windsor in February and I have no idea what the small green and red lights might have been used for they don't light up at any time  any ideas?

IMG_2491.jpg

Looks to me like those have been added for something like Jim said.....possibly a brake system. I added a small led light like that to know when my cruise is on since the smartwheel dosent have any indication of when its activated.. My cruise still dosent work , but the light does....🤣

• Haha 1

Thank you for the help I was leaning towards something to do with the toad brake system.

I am the third owner and the second owner did'nt have any idea.

If you have a "fox and hound", you could put a signal on the wires and sniff around the 7 pin plug for towing. 

6 hours ago, MyronTruex said:

If you have a "fox and hound", you could put a signal on the wires and sniff around the 7 pin plug for towing. 

Totally AGREE.  A "TONER" and some circuit chasing....and MORE IMPORTANTLY....you will need the prints....so that wherever the power for the LED's is supplied....NOW JUST WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT POWERS THE LEDS????  The addition of Previous Owners (PO) electronics is something that drives many people crazy...

And even though we have the MOST COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE BASE (on the planet....perhaps the UNIVERSE...However you define that....LOL_ here....  lights and switches like this are a total guess....and even as our creative geniuses are....often there was a MORE creative PO that "upped them".

SO...as I SPECULATE....like others...  That MOMENTARY CONTACT switch above them does NOT LOOK STOCK or MONACO Installed to me.  If you chase or tone out the wires...then see what MONACO Circuit "lead" or terminal worked them....

NOW....  If it were something that could be moved...  Then the Switch MIGHT just go NOWHERE....as in the PO cut off the device that was under or behind the dash.  

TRY THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.  Flashlight and "FEELIE" and "CHASIE".  Many folks did that and said.  HEY....this was cut....and OMG...it was cut...  BUT, in reality, it was NEVER part of the Monaco wiring....and all the PO did was uninstall.

I have such an IDIOT LIGHT.  On the door panel (to the left as you enter), I put a RED LED above the "INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH - Galley/Living Fluorescents".  WHY.... Dear Wife (DW) would just randomly push buttons trying to get lights on.  What I did...  I tapped into the outside Porch Light.  If you use the Keypad or the FOB, that turns on the outside (Porch) light for 30 seconds.  SO, all she does (if she remembers) is to push the switch (it is a Momentary Contact...tied, of all THINGS....to one of my Intellitec HYBRID MPX Key Pads.  So, if you pushes the button (UP) that turns on the interior lights...and then the timer on the Porch light times out.

NOPE...NOT DOCUMENTED...Shame on me....

Do the simple stuff....chase the wires....then if they are STILL terminated....the REAL FUN begins...

Thanks for the great idea about the fox and hound I will give that a try and keep you all posted.Nothing worse then trying to figure out someone else's wiring 😂.

9 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

That MOMENTARY CONTACT switch above them does NOT LOOK STOCK or MONACO Installed to me.  If you chase or tone out the wires...then see what MONACO Circuit "lead" or terminal worked them....

@Tom Cherry

Tom, the round button above the Red & Greed LED's I thought is used to reset the trip information on the Odometer. Is that not correct?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

@Tom Cherry

Tom, the round button above the Red & Greed LED's I thought is used to reset the trip information on the Odometer. Is that not correct?

WELL....mine is not that WAY... LOL.  I did WONDER about that.  BUT, quite honestly, I would have thought that the TRIP register would have had a button on the dash or in the gauge, not a remote one drilled.  It DOES look fine...but the logic and usual "built in" theme of the dash....just was NOT in my MINDSET...

GOOD.  Now only TWO wires to chase....and QUITE honestly, I thought it might have been a manual way to apply a toad brake....or signal a remote....  Guess that my old Wireless, but not worth a cuss, Brake Buddy scarred me for life.... MAY NEED Counseling.....