Cabin Dash air conditioning re charge questions??

Hello Monaco friends. On our 2013 Diplomat 43DFT which we have had for 3 years now, the dash ac is very weak. I want to recharge it. Can someone show pic or tell me where the re charge port is. I of course know you pull out the generator bay in front. Any special freon to use?

I don't have a pic but I just put half a can in my 04 HR Endeavor and both ports are just inside to the passenger side of the generator slide out on front of the coach.  It's always a good guess to look near the evaporator no matter what type vehicle/equipment.

The guidelines call for doing a search.  Use the Search Box in the upper right.  Put in a key word or words...like FREON RECHARGE.  Then use the EVERYWHERE and the drop down menu and select TOPICS.

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?q=freon recharge&quick=1&type=forums_topic

NOW, some of these deal with Roof Tops....but there are some on the dash AC.  

OK...change the words....such as DASH FREON

BONANZA...  TWO pages and focused on what you need. 

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?q=dash freon&quick=1&type=forums_topic

Please read this for content.  That has all you would ever, I believe, want to know about how to recharge, with tips and also lots of information, the dash HVAC system.

This helps the member as they KNOW it is there...and keep posting the same posts....  

Thanks for understanding and using the search next time before posting. If you strikeout...then post a new topic...

Good Luck...

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Cabin Dash air conditioning re charge questions??
3 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

Yep, it’s eventually going to be very hard to find that’s why I’m stocking up on it now. 

It's been banned here in Canada a few years now.

I got my dash air back up and running while I was wintering in AZ this year 👍!

I'm not saying if I brought any back with me 🤐!!

• Haha 4

Thank you for the responses everyone. FYI, my first action was to go into the forum for AC and put in various topics to see what I could find. I got a response saying topic not found. Obviously I did not use the correct question verbiage to have any answers come up so I asked it as a question. 

Hope I didn't wast anyones time with my question. I use this forum quite a bit and not my attempt at asking a question or for help. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

Thank you for the responses everyone. FYI, my first action was to go into the forum for AC and put in various topics to see what I could find. I got a response saying topic not found. Obviously I did not use the correct question verbiage to have any answers come up so I asked it as a question. 

Hope I didn't wast anyones time with my question. I use this forum quite a bit and not my attempt at asking a question or for help. 

Not a problem, we the staff, are trying to "gently remind and move forward" so that all members will do the required search for the guidelines. Key words are what drives the SEARCH FUNCTION.  I sort of "knew", intuitively what to use.  It takes some experimenting and also learning a bit more about all these systems and components.

You have what you need now....and know how to search and get information without starting a new topic.  THAT IS THE MAIN THING...

Members often will respond about a subject...but after the same topic is posted multiple times over a few months or years...then they may (OK DO) sometimes get tired of typing the same verbiage...thus you loose a lot of valuable help.

Human NATURE.  We don't try to "PARENT 101" members...but doing the research and using key words is a tool that should be used more often...

MOVING ALONG....Welcome...

• Like 1