RV window seals

2006 Diplomat , Looking to replace window seal at copilot seat. Is there a specific seal to order are these seals the soft putty that will squeze out. In either case caulk is required. If they are not special design I guess I can use rubber weather stripping from Home Depot or Lowes.

Don T.

2006 Diplomat

I take a guess that you are talking about a seal between the assembled side window frame and the outside wall. Ours has a ribbed flat rubber strip between the window frame and outside wall, sticking to the window frame but not the wall. You can not see or replace it without removing the whole window. For visual reference, the same strip is used to seal our engine hatch, may or may not be same on yours. Then the perimeter of the outside frame is sealed by Proflex and that's what makes it totally sealed. 

Disregard if you are talking about a different window or window seal as there are multiple seals in the assembly...

I have not replaced ours since they looked good and were not leaking prior to removal due to glass fogging. Seems yours are leaking so that's different. Is it possible that your inside screws might just need tightening? I would have replaced them if I had them handy tho. Personally, I do not use butyl tape on parts that may have to be taken out in the future but it certainly will work.

If you remove a window you should clean the surface of the frame and coach side wall. When re-setting the window use butyl tape between the frame and coach wall. Be sure the seam ( the ends of the tape ) are placed at the bottom. Tighten the window using a star pattern. Once the window is back in place caulk the frame using Proflex RV caulking. 

• Like 1