No house 12V.

Jeff H

Hi All

MY 2006 Diplomat has been sitting in the driveway plugged into the garage waiting to be put away for the winter.  I went out today and nothing on the 12V circuits was working

1. Magnum panel was working, the batteries are float charging
  2. The EMS was blank
  3. The microwave was working
  4. I checked the inverter, the breakers were ok and there was a light on the back of it.
  5. I flipped the "salesman" or "Batt Cut Off" Switch (Which has never done anything before) and nothing changed.  I think it has been bypassed.
  6. I started the generator it ran a bit rough (maybe cold) that did not change the state of the EMS panel nor the lights.
  7. The slides work.
  8. The house battery switch is on

Is there a "master" 12v switch or fuse?

The only out of ordinary situation maybe that the propane ran out and the furnace fan was running for an extended time.

Jeff, you need to first verify that the Battery Cut Off Solenoid is indeed bypassed. If it isn't then you need to test the solenoid to see if it will pass 12 VDC from one side to the other using the Battery Cut-Off Switch aka "salesman switch". If by chance the solenoid is not bypassed I would do that and forget it. You will no longer be in a pickle with no 12 VDC unless some other component fails.

There is also a House Battery Shut-Off Master Rotary Switch that may have failed. Verify whether that may be your problem.

Edited by Dr4Film

Mine is located in the rear run bay aka RRB but many newer coaches have it located in the FRB so I would look in ALL electrical bays to see exactly where yours has been installed.

Do you have a set of electrical diagrams in your owner's manual to reference its location?

Yes, you can connect the large wires together and then remove the small wires used to activate the solenoid, tape and zip-tie them to a safe location.

Edited by Dr4Film

10 hours ago, redstickbill said:

In your Diplomat the solenoid will be in the FRB, lower left corner of the big circuit board,  there should be photos in the group's files.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Ok I will see if I can find it.  Went out today and everything seems to be working.  Gotta love intermittent problems

11 hours ago, Jeff H said:

Ok I will see if I can find it.  Went out today and everything seems to be working.  Gotta love intermittent problems

This photo shows where it is. Remove the black plastic cover held in place by three nylon wing nuts.

Salesman solenoid.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jeff,

When I had intermittent electrical problems with my 04 Endeavor the culprit was one of the battery cut off switches in the battery compartment, the internal logs had loosened over time and burned up the switch, when I removed it, it fell apart in my hand. Replaced it and never another problem.

Bill B  07 Dynasty

Thank you all

I was leaning toward the cut off switch because I went out to move it into storage today and the magnum display and the inverter LED were turning on and off.  That is the switch I have.  It is turned off now as the RV is put away for the winter.  I will order a couple and change the house and chassis switches out in the spring.  Is there a Switch that is recommended?

This is the switch that I recommend. It is the same one most everyone is going to. They are built very well and are heavy duty.

Like Bill and Richard both said, the OEM Monaco switches like the picture Richard posted is the bad switch. They can take out inverters, batteries and start fires.

Here is the switch you want - https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Battery-Switch/dp/B000MMC914/ref=psdc_3398691_t2_B00JWZCWI2

• Thanks 1