2006 Executive PS Bedroom Slide Won't Stay In

This is not uncommon with the hydraulic slides. Most likely there may be some crap stuck in the valve seat  of the hydraulic valve which will cause the slide to creep out. This has been discussed quite a bit on the forum.

A quick fix is to EXTEND and RETRACT the slide out several times and after each extension and retraction hold the switch in the on position for at least 10 to 20 seconds. You might hear the pump frequency change which is normal. This method has been used for years and has fixed most of the creeping. If the slide out still creeps out after this excersize, you might want to try it again. Most of the time this cleans out whatever is stuck on the valve seat. If the problem stall exist then you will have to replace the solenoid on the pump manifold.

This is also covered in the owners manual under slide out operation.

• Thanks 1

Monaco Dynasty, Executive and Signatures built after 2004 with all HWH hydraulic slides are not equipped with slide out locks. Any Monaco coaches that are equipped with the Lippert/Power Gear Hydraulic slide outs may be equipped with either manual or automatic slide out locks. HWH uses the hydraulic pressure on the cylinders to lock the slide in place, so if you get contamination in one of the valves seat you will get slide out creep.

Any of the manufacturers that install the HWH slide out systems in their coaches either have no visible slide out locks or no slide out locks installed.

We need to compare apples to apple and get FAMILIAR with our Owners Manuals to understand how the different systems work that are installed in our coaches.

• Thanks 1

There was a period of time about when your coach was built when HWH had issues with machining debris not fully cleaned out of the extend/retract valve block.

I also had exactly the same problem.

After 12 years, I can't recall now whether it was the retract or extend valve but here is a picture, from 12 years ago, of what I found inside the valve sealing pintle.

After I cleaned the valve - problem fixed.  The slide stays in!

HWH - metal shaving in valve.jpg

• Thanks 1