Blue Fire

I'm not sure where to post this.  Engine and Trans?  Electronics?  Modifications and upgrades?  Feel to free to move it as necessary.

I did a quick search here and couldn't find much information on anyone adding BlueFire.   I've been on the BF web site and also on a couple other forums doing the research.

I have a Aladdin Jr, (doesn't read tanks or other house features).  But I'm planning on keeping the Aladdin Jr for the time being if I do add the FB.

Looking for any kind of feedback on this system.  It's been in the commercial trucking world for quite some time but only within the last few years started in the RV market.

I’ve been using it for two years now. I have it running on a MS Surface Pro which is way overkill for the app. I have been pretty happy with it and all the customization features. I have had a little trouble with nuisance disconnects though. During this year’s return from Quartzsite, I could not get it to connect because “another app is using bluetooth”. I haven’t had time to troubleshoot this yet but suspect it may be related to installation of a Victron Smart Shunt which uses bluetooth with my iphone. Why this would affect Bluefire on my Surface is unclear, but it does seem coincidental. 

6 minutes ago, DavidL said:

everything you want to know

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/bluefire-dashboard-community-share-427121.html

believe me, I've scoured that forum.  Lots of good information.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, RNMCBR said:

I’ve been using it for two years now. I have it running on a MS Surface Pro which is way overkill for the app. I have been pretty happy with it and all the customization features. I have had a little trouble with nuisance disconnects though. During this year’s return from Quartzsite, I could not get it to connect because “another app is using bluetooth”. I haven’t had time to troubleshoot this yet but suspect it may be related to installation of a Victron Smart Shunt which uses bluetooth with my iphone. Why this would affect Bluefire on my Surface is unclear, but it does seem coincidental. 

I too have the Victron shunt.  I did read about running multiple blue tooth devices, but forgot I had that one.  My monitor will be about 2' away from the adapter, so pretty close.  I think I could move the plug to other side of steering column and get it closer.  Not sure if that would help on disconnect or not.    If I move forward, I'll probably be running on an IPad Pro.  appreciate the comments.  

I've been using BlueFire for a couple of years now on an iPad Air and it has worked well.

Has had a few glitches over that time but not any real major issues that have stopped me from using it.

Follow DavidL's link above to iRV2 there is a lot of info there.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:49 PM, windsorbill06 said:

I too have the Victron shunt.  I did read about running multiple blue tooth devices, but forgot I had that one.  My monitor will be about 2' away from the adapter, so pretty close.  I think I could move the plug to other side of steering column and get it closer.  Not sure if that would help on disconnect or not.    If I move forward, I'll probably be running on an IPad Pro.  appreciate the comments.  

Considering the victron shunt with bluefire. How far away are your batteries connected to the victron shunt? I thought Bluetooth only worked within 30 feet and our batteries are further away from the cockpit than that. Thanks on advance for you thoughts. 

Mike

My shunt is right by the batteries, but I have a display up in the coach, in the hallway.  I'm not sure where the blue tooth originates from?   By from the drivers seat to the hall display, it's maybe 15', 20' max.  From drivers seat to the shunt, it's under 25'.  I have no connection issues and blue tooth has never disconnected.

I just ordered BlueFire today.  So once I receive it and get it up and running, we'll see how things go.

Edited by windsorbill06