Update headlights or bulbs 2005 signature

Paul Busch

Does anyone have suggestions on updates to 2005 headlights to latest led or something better? I replaced the headlights with aftermarket and added led bulbs with ballast a couple years ago. Some road worker sandblasted my driver headlight and the led isn’t working now. Any ideas would be appreciated. I envy the newer coaches for their headlights.

paul

I upgraded my low beams to HID from 9006 bulbs and they are great. However, it is incompatible its the smartwheel Headlight flash as they do not turn off and on quickly.

One trick is to make the wipers sweep once and the smart wheel keeps the low beams on with the high beams.

I am now looking at 9011 bulbs to replace the 9005 high beams.

Paul

Look for the numbers on the lens and do a google search to determine which vehicle they were sourced from.  Then look for projector housings for that vehicle and replace the housings.  Get good quality LED bulbs (not cheap ones) that match that housing.  Ensure you have good grounds and 12volts to the bulbs.

I’m pretty sure my 2006 dynasty uses a Ford super duty headlight which replaced the BMW sourced units on earlier dynasties.  Which makes sense since pickups have more vertical front body work versus cars, with angled toward horizontal fronts.  
 Perhaps the Sigs came from the truck world as well.  

The headlights on my '05 Exec are from a 2002 - 2005 Dodge Ram pickup and the tail lights are from a Lincoln Navigator.  I have thought about getting a set of projection headlights as there are some aftermarket ones available but have been concerned about compatibility issues.