Does anyone have an older Duotherm, Dometic roofair/heatpump for parts, i need the reversing valve solenoid, no longer available on line

moxy1962

18 minutes ago, vito.a said:

When you say older what year is it?

I ask because I purchased a new reversing valve for our 2004 Dometic Penguin heat pump on eBay.  

coach is 01 Dynasty, part number i need is 3310714005, every where I have looked is out of stock with no availablility

40 minutes ago, Gerald H said:

Part # and voltage ??

120 volt, part # 3310714005, no body seems to have stock and no date for availability 

Yes, mine uses the came coil assembly.  I just looked and they are out.  I guess Covid has caused lots of shortages. 

The part number for the solenoid coil harness is 3310714.005.  Note that the valve itself is not replaceable, only the solenoid harness. 

3 hours ago, moxy1962 said:

coach is 01 Dynasty, part number i need is 3310714005, every where I have looked is out of stock with no availablility

120 volt, part # 3310714005, no body seems to have stock and no date for availability 

At this moment, getrvparts.com is showing in stock for $44.99 with part number you sent

4 minutes ago, Gerald H said:

At this moment, getrvparts.com is showing in stock for $44.99 with part number you sent

Also in RVautoparts.com shows in stock for $68.73 .

22 minutes ago, Gerald H said:

I’m on the web site and can’t add part to cart 

27 minutes ago, Gerald H said:

Could you send me the link for rvautoparts.com , searched the part number with no results 

28 minutes ago, Gerald H said:

Could you send me the link for rvautoparts.com , searched the part number with no results 

6 minutes ago, moxy1962 said:

I’m on the web site and can’t add part to cart 

image.jpeg

49 minutes ago, wamcneil said:

I’ve got an AC for parts. Let me know if you need the solenoid. 
I suspect the reversing valve was this unit’s problem, but I believe the solenoid is good. 
Cheers

Walter

Can’t seem to fine one anywhere and the original one is not working, I haven put voltage to it and tested magnetism with screws driver, happy to pay for it, 

In lieu of a replacement in a timely manner, one can take some strong magnets and attach them to the reversing valve where the solenoid is located and wire tie them in place to hold open the valve.  This would be a temp fix till you can locate or get a replacement coil.  I was told to use this method while waiting on a replacement several years ago.  It will work on AC only and not heat.  Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert

1 hour ago, Jobert said:

In lieu of a replacement in a timely manner, one can take some strong magnets and attach them to the reversing valve where the solenoid is located and wire tie them in place to hold open the valve.  This would be a temp fix till you can locate or get a replacement coil.  I was told to use this method while waiting on a replacement several years ago.  It will work on AC only and not heat.  Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert

Thank you I’ll try that 

On 3/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, moxy1962 said:

Can’t seem to fine one anywhere and the original one is not working, I haven put voltage to it and tested magnetism with screws driver, happy to pay for it, 

Ok, got it out of the AC. Mine is 2003 dometic 630515.321

Part number on the solenoid is not legible, but looks just like this one: http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/3310714005.html

IMG_4330.HEIC

Edited by wamcneil