Park brake audible alarm issue

When I release the park brake The dash light goes out. When I put the transmission in gear I get an audible alarm. This happens intermittingly. Usually get it to stop by switching back and forth from N to D. The brakes do release and am able to drive. Where do I look?

Most likely your problem is the pressure switch that is located on the Parking Brake Valve.  It can be found directly below the knob that applies and releases parking brake.  This a common failure and they are readily available at any parts store that carry long hauls commercial truck parts.

Jim 

Thanks all. I thought that this was the case but like to run things through the brain trust here

13 hours ago, Jim Byrd said:

I had the same problem  Became annoying. My unit used a Nason switch SM-1C-66R/WP28. Contacted  Isaacs Fluid Power Equipment Co.  $42.00, UPS in 3 days  Called low pressure switch     Good Luck

I had the same problem. Had the switch changed by a respected shop. Didn’t really solve the problem. Usually the beeping only lasts a few seconds but worry it won’t stop someday. Don’t know whether to have it changed again by another shop or try something different.

Ed.                
‘05 HR Ambassador

I've had the coach since new and have changed the Nason switch at least 5 times.  Maybe more, I lost count.  After replacement, the switch would be fine for about a year, then start to be intermittent, then finally complete failure if I waited long enough.    I came across Bob N's article about the Nason switch replacement.   I read his article and followed his advise about 3 years ago when I was fed up with another switch failure.

Go up to the top of the home page and under 'browse', click the 'articles'.  Then click 'tech papers' and look for "A close look at the Nason switch".  

I replaced my last switch about 3 years ago following that article and have had zero issues.  Bob's solution really works.