No hot water and heat

Need help!

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive 

I took my RV out yesterday and come nightfall it started getting chilly.  I turned on the thermostat to furnace,  fan blows but no heat and outside exhaust does not blow.   

Water heater not heating water. 

All was working two weeks ago. 

Guest Ray Davis
40 minutes ago, powersltc said:

Need help!

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive 

I took my RV out yesterday and come nightfall it started getting chilly.  I turned on the thermostat to furnace,  fan blows but no heat and outside exhaust does not blow.   

Water heater not heating water. 

All was working two weeks ago. 

Turn the diesel switch off for a short time, minute or 2, then back on and see if it will fire up then.   I would do that then go outside too see if the exhaust is blowing and  after a short exhaust the burner should fire up.  Even if it does you may be ready for a tune up. 

Have a Diplomat. Sorry to be so obvious but Sounds like the  LP is empty or shut off. 
Switch it off, wait a few minutes, switch it on, listen for the igniter to fire. If it doesn’t fire, would normally fire on first strike, but usually tries 3 times and then goes into failure mode and switches off until the problem is solved.

If it’s not an empty LP tank, (try hooking up a regular BBQ tank) it’s sounds like a failed sail switch. That’s easy to replace there’s a YouTube on replacing it.

Edited by Rick A
Spelling

Guest Ray Davis

The OP didn't state that he has an Aqua-Hot but he has an 04 Executive so I'm quite sure it's an AH.    Aqua-Hot does make a LP unit but they are rare, so again it's probably diesel.

There is another point I forgot earlier and that is house battery voltage.   If they are parked without shore power the house voltage can get low enough that the diesel burner will cease to operate, although the fans may still operate.   Start the generator and try again.

Edited by Ray Davis