Aqua Hot

Thought I would share the out come of the Aqua hot trouble shooting escapade!

Thought I better document this for future reference hopefully it may help someone else out.

Started off with no power getting to the unit, opened the front drivers side panel outside and checked 12 volt fuse aqua hot, good, took the cover off the Aqua hot and the ignition fuse far right 10 amp,blown! , tried it again and blew again, Ivan mentioned to test power at the plug C5 and C8 and we had power (electronic control unit) took complete unit out and the fuel solenoid 12volt wires were broken away from the plastic and you could see inside the solenoid, ordered a new one and a new burner motor,it was the original motor (Black) new ones are silver, Put the new parts in , new fuse turned it on and nothing. Started process off elimination,  unplugged motor ,unplugged coil and turned it on ,fuse was good, plugged in coil turned it on and blew the fuse, the wire under the coil must be original as well and was broken/cracked, fixed it up hopefully it will last for a few more years. 

Aqua hot running great, all zones working.

I do have a question in regards to the front thermostat,  at times it will power up other times just stubborn, I have a newer one 5 button that I put on the phone cable and it will say err and then put the old one back on and way we go, seems like the signal is weak or what ?

Any help be appreciated, I have read so many threads on this all over the internet not sure what to believe at this point.

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Annual inspection 

Annual service is so critical 

Getting on Roger's forum is a great learning experience 👌

Roger Burk hydrohot 

Over the past 15 years I have sent him my burner for a complete tear down and re build Two times 

When I purchased my coach with 50,000 miles it was lacking in professional maintenance 😒

Like my spare rebuilt Alternator 

I carry a spare neweley rebuilt burner and silver box.

Enjoy your aquahot and I'm so glad you got it going.

Edited by John Haggard
Details left out
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Thanks John

On your new thermostat did you reset it after plugging in the phone cable? You do that by Plugging it in, Turn it off, Push in the top and bottom buttons at the same time and turning it on while holding the two buttons in and then release the buttons. You should see FF in the screen. Then just turn on the mode you want.

Tim

Edited by Timaz996

Thanks Richard 

Will try that tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

On your new thermostat did you reset it after plugging in the phone cable? You do that by Plugging it in, Turn it off, Push in the top and bottom buttons at the same time and turning it on while holding the two buttons in and then release the buttons. You should see FF in the screen. Then just turn on the mode you want.

Tim

Yes I did try that in the past, just not getting power to the thermostat at times

Thanks

Wayne 

Wayne, thanks for your reply.  Can these motors be rebuilt?  It sounds like a bearing is going on mine.  And could you give me the name and address of your supplier for the motor as well please!

Just now, Megame said:

Wayne, thanks for your reply.  Can these motors be rebuilt?  It sounds like a bearing is going on mine.  And could you give me the name and address of your supplier for the motor as well please!

The one I pulled out was a Bosch, the new one had a German name on it, never thought to write it down. I don't believe so but again never thought to ask him.

Supplier- Alberta Coach and Chassis Ltd, Steve Horseman , 780 998 2736, first time dealing with him, seemed very knowledgeable, 20 years of servicing. It was cheaper quicker then Aqua hot tthemselves (USA)

Wayne 

Just now, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

The one I pulled out was a Bosch, the new one had a German name on it, never thought to write it down. I don't believe so but again never thought to ask him.

Supplier- Alberta Coach and Chassis Ltd, Steve Horseman , 780 998 2736, first time dealing with him, seemed very knowledgeable, 20 years of servicing. It was cheaper quicker then Aqua hot tthemselves (USA)

Wayne 

Hulsemann , phone with auto correct! Never thought to ask about a rebuild 

Wayne   My unit was acting up like that and I found the other end of that (phone cable) goes up to the ac first and the couplers on mine were all corroded. After all ends cleaned and new couplers the gremlins stopped.

Roy Mercier

2003 Dynasty

2 hours ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Wayne   My unit was acting up like that and I found the other end of that (phone cable) goes up to the ac first and the couplers on mine were all corroded. After all ends cleaned and new couplers the gremlins stopped.

Roy Mercier

2003 Dynasty

Thanks Roy,I will open the cover on the ceiling and clean all ends. Amazing what the gremlins can do over couple months. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

The link that I use to get to Roger Berke's Aqua-Hot Forum where you can sign up at is:

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/content.php

The other link should have worked also so I don't know what your specific problem might be other than to clean up your cache and get rid of excess files in your browser or try a different browser.

I use FireFox.

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Thanks 1