Aux. Air leveling compressor and other needs fro Air

This is a copy of a post from another social media site.
He bought this compressor and connected it to the quick disconnect for air in the genny compartment. Instead of rebuild/replacement of the compressor for leveling. Pretty cool. He puts it in the genny compartment when using it. 
Scroll down for picture of devise.
Has 135 P S I. Good for tire inflation too and no running engine to get to ride height before bringing in slides. This would, could, may,  satisfy any and all needs for air when the coach engine is not running. Battery could be used for power when doing trouble shooting.

May be an image of text that says '8:00 85% 1397 M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-lon Brushless Cordless 2 Gal. Electric Compact Quiet Compressor (Tool-Only) by Milwaukee (336) M18 Milwaukee FUEL QUIETEST CORDLESS. Stapleton Store 6 stock Aisle 20, Bay 002 Text to Me Store Map BUY SPECIAL $34900 1 Add to Cart'
Edited by Paul A.

Guest Ray Davis

Yeah it probably should be plumbed into the original leveling pump air line or to the air dryer.    Where he has it now he will introduce moisture which is not good.           In freezing temps you could lose your brakes if enough moisture collects and freezes.  I've heard of injecting alcohol to disperse moisture, I think that's what they did in the good old days.

Edited by Ray Davis

2 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Yeah it probably should be plumbed into the original leveling pump air line or to the air dryer.    Where he has it now he will introduce moisture which is not good.           In freezing temps you could lose your brakes if enough moisture collects and freezes.  I've heard of injecting alcohol to disperse moisture, I think that's what they did in the good old days.

Ya trucks use to have a Alcoholic Evaporater. Lol on the DOT exam it's one of the questions ... answer was to keep it full. 

I need to fix my onboard compressor and was kicking this idea around as well.  Was wondering if you just added a dryer that connects b4 filling tanks if that would be ok... like 1 from harbor freight. 

Edited by Romeo84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

Does anyone know if the air line in the Genny compartment for airing up the coach goes to the air dryer in the engine compartment??

Any air line that came with the coach goes through the air drier before going any place else.

The specific one in the generator compartment is used by tow truck drivers to air up the brake system and release the park brakes for towing.

7 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Any air line that came with the coach goes through the air drier before going any place else.

The specific one in the generator compartment is used by tow truck drivers to air up the brake system and release the park brakes for towing.

Many coaches have -2-  quick disconnect air fittings, some  in the Generator compartment, as well as other locations.  Do both of them go to and thru the air dryer on all coach models?? 

I have one in the generator for the tow truck driver which is dried air from the tow truck and the other is in the drivers side fuel LPG tank bay which is used to air up tires, etc. Both use engine compressor - air drier air.

Edited by Dr4Film

Richard, the one in the generator compartment goes directly to the front tank; at least on my dynasty.   The air from the tow truck does not go thru the air dryer on the motorhome.  when you need the tow truck for air you have to hope it goes thru a dryer on the truck first.