Have 07 monaco camelot. Started this spring to get out of storage and engine started and ran then quit after about a minute.  Found Fuse in electrical box under drivers compartment blown. Fuse is 10 amp and labeled as "key" and located in electrical box "Monaco 1".  Installed new fuse and was able to run for about half hour and fuse blows. Replaced several times during testing and seams to blow intermittently with no rime or reason. Some times running a min or two , sometimes half hour. When fuse blows , unit is dead in water, just  like key has been turned off. Performed amp draw test on circuit and with engine running and all electrical loads turned on was only able to draw a max of 1.5 amps. Reviewed electrical diagram downloaded off this site and able to locate the fuse on the diagram, but unable to zoom the diagram to follow the circuit. Have visually inspected the wiring in the box, to the drivers compartment , and under dash. All wiring looks fine with no spots showing signs of rodent damage or wiring shorted. Monitored amp draw while disturbing the hareness trying to find a short to ground or any issues and amp draw is maintained at 1.5 amps while wiggling all sections of harness. UNlikely caused by moisture , unit is stored in clean and dry facilty when not in use.  Has anyone had experiece like this? Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. 

Sam, sounds like something turns on with the key and that is your culprit. I would make sure everything (such as dash fans, displays, dash lights, backup camera, probably only things attached to your chassis battery, etc. is turned off or disconnected and then see if fuse blows. If not, then you can start plugging things back in and see if it blows. Be very patient as some of your parasitic draws may not run as soon as you turn the key on. When fuse blows again, the last thing connected is probably the problem, and it may be shorted to ground somewhere. Good luck.

-jamie

I the wiring schematics for my coach, all PDF.  When you open the file and zoom in everything is blurry.  You can clear this up by hitting CTRL & 5 at the same time.  My chassis wiring diagram I have to zoom to 800% but it is clear after hitting CTRL5. 

I'll be watching this thread.  No idea what is causing your problem but troubleshooting something like this can take time.

You mentioned this problem started happening when you were getting out of storage, if it were me i would start looking for varmit damage 1st. Chewed wires at or around the engine, then jus follow the wires underneith to wher they go inside, you wont have to lift or move any harness cause if was Ratzilla you will see were they were comphy an started chewing.

Jim J, 

Thank you for ur reply. 

I also have a pdf version of the schematic that i was able to download off this site. I attempted to zoom way in and use the ctrl 5 trick and had no luck in improving the resolution. Tried to do this using both adobe and  microsoft edge. Do u prefer a different program for viewing the diagram or have access to a diagram with better quality for an 07 camelot ?

thanks for any assistance 

On 5/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, samchev said:

Have 07 monaco camelot. Started this spring to get out of storage and engine started and ran then quit after about a minute.  Found Fuse in electrical box under drivers compartment blown. Fuse is 10 amp and labeled as "key" and located in electrical box "Monaco 1".  Installed new fuse and was able to run for about half hour and fuse blows. Replaced several times during testing and seams to blow intermittently with no rime or reason. Some times running a min or two , sometimes half hour. When fuse blows , unit is dead in water, just  like key has been turned off. Performed amp draw test on circuit and with engine running and all electrical loads turned on was only able to draw a max of 1.5 amps. Reviewed electrical diagram downloaded off this site and able to locate the fuse on the diagram, but unable to zoom the diagram to follow the circuit. Have visually inspected the wiring in the box, to the drivers compartment , and under dash. All wiring looks fine with no spots showing signs of rodent damage or wiring shorted. Monitored amp draw while disturbing the hareness trying to find a short to ground or any issues and amp draw is maintained at 1.5 amps while wiggling all sections of harness. UNlikely caused by moisture , unit is stored in clean and dry facilty when not in use.  Has anyone had experiece like this? Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. 

I don't have a clue why it is happening, but I had a similar problem with my 2001 Diplomat.  Fuse would blow sometimes and a new fuse fixed things for a while.  For a few bucks I bought an auto resetting fuse from an auto parts store and never had the problem again.