Vorad control module location

Does anyone know where the Vorad control module would be on an 09 Sig? I do have the CCM but not sure if that runs through it or not as I can't find any indication it does. I suspected it would be between the frame rails where all of the other stuff is mounted, but it isn't. I looked in my other bay and there is nothing there but wires.

Yes, all the Vorad ECU modules are mounted inside the wall next to the drivers seat with four square head screws.  You need to remove the upholstered panel next to the driver and it will be visible along with lots of wiring.  It also helps to remove the drivers seat but its possible to work on it with the seat in place.  

I'm trying to understand what you are having issues with?

I guess by CCM you mean cruise control module?

Is your cruise control not working?

If the Vorad is malfunctioning you can override the system and force the cruise control on by pressing both the cruise on/off button on the Smart wheel and the button just below it (I think set button?) simultaneously.  It may take 2 or 3 tries to get it.  Make sure the Cruise is off when you select the two buttons.  

You can contact Rick Youngblood for Eaton Vorad help.  He is the original Eaton engineer assigned to perform the Vorad integration into Monaco coaches.   rjyblood@gmail.com

Rick also offers a software update to the latest Eaton software.  

Edited by vito.a

1 minute ago, vito.a said:

Yes, all the Vorad ECU modules are mounted inside the wall next to the drivers seat with four square head screws.  You need to remove the upholstered panel next to the driver and it will be visible along with lots of wiring.  It also helps to remove the drivers seat but its possible to work on it with the seat in place.  

I'm trying to understand what you are having issues with?

I guess by CCM you mean cruise control module?

Is your cruise control not working?

If the Vorad is malfunctioning you can override the system and force the cruise control on by pressing both the cruise on/off button on the Smart wheel and the button just below it (I think set button?) simultaneously.  It may take 2 or 3 tries to get it.  Make sure the Cruise is off when you select the two buttons.  

You can contact Rick Youngblood for Eaton Vorad help.  He is the original Eaton engineer assigned to perform the Vorad integration into Monaco coaches.   rjyblood@gmail.com

Rick also offers a software update to the latest Eaton software.  

Currently I am having a lot of issues....lol One of which is the cruise control is not working. I can turn the Vorad off but I am still getting residual power at least to the little leds on the a pillars as they will continually flicker. I also am getting a code SPN 1590 FMI-2 (784) Adaptive Cruise Control Mode.  BUT with that I am also getting a blinking check engine, check trans, ATC light on the dash in no special order so I have lost my engine brake everytime the ATC (traction control) light comes on. I am getting 3-4 codes with that. THEN to top it off my DPF light came on and remained solid for at least the 225 miles we ran. So when I pulled codes I had one for that and was reading that a solid DPF light indicates a inability to do a regen, which will also cause the check engine light. I know that is not a bad light as I have soot all over my trailer, so I am not doing a passive or active regen.

My thought was to unplug the vorad module and see if that was causing the cruise issues. 

I have a Kongsberg chassis multiplex coach.

I did see the top of what I think is the vorad modual if it is square and silver and maybe 6"x6" looking down through the top of the dash.

Wow!  I would love to find a newer Signature Cambridge but I do not envy tackling your issues.  

Yes, the Eaton Vorad ECU is a shiny aluminum box screwed to the wall.  There are two wire bundles plugged into it on the bottom.   

Best of luck!

2 hours ago, vito.a said:

Wow!  I would love to find a newer Signature Cambridge but I do not envy tackling your issues.  

Yes, the Eaton Vorad ECU is a shiny aluminum box screwed to the wall.  There are two wire bundles plugged into it on the bottom.   

Best of luck!

I picked this one up in Aug last year. One owner, always garaged and 25K miles. Basically brand new, so I get the new bugs on a 12 year old coach...lol Actually 13 I guess as the MFG date is 05/08.

2 hours ago, vito.a said:

Best of luck!

Here is a video link to our bus,

1 hour ago, vito.a said:

Brett, that's a beautiful coach!  Hope you get it sorted out.  

If you haven't already, you should read about the ISX650.

Cummins ISX broken valve in #6 - iRV2 Forums

ISX 650 dropped a valve for the second time - iRV2 Forums

Oh believe me I have read every article I have been able to find. Not I drive with my fingers crossed....lol If it blows up I guess it blows up. I have been RVing for many years. we are on year six of fulltime BUT today I heard the best advice for RV'ers I have ever heard. "Own your RV, Do not let your RV own you". Owning these things is Russian Roulette, we are all only a second away from big disaster. We just have to accept that and have fun while we can have fun. My fingers are crossed, but honestly as much as I give thought to my 650, the one that I really fear is the Chassis Multiplex system. With money I can install a new engine. If the multiple computer craps out, I have a boat anchor that no money will fix. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brett63 said:

Oh believe me I have read every article I have been able to find. Not I drive with my fingers crossed....lol If it blows up I guess it blows up. I have been RVing for many years. we are on year six of fulltime BUT today I heard the best advice for RV'ers I have ever heard. "Own your RV, Do not let your RV own you". Owning these things is Russian Roulette, we are all only a second away from big disaster. We just have to accept that and have fun while we can have fun. My fingers are crossed, but honestly as much as I give thought to my 650, the one that I really fear is the Chassis Multiplex system. With money I can install a new engine. If the multiple computer craps out, I have a boat anchor that no money will fix. 

Great outlook! I needed that! 🙂

• Like 1