Water Auto-Fill System

Nevada Rob

I have a 2008 Monaco Dynasty. According to the manual the auto-fill in the up position fills the tank and the shuts off at about 98% full. And then place the switch in the down position for city water. I assuming Monaco means using City water supply and pressure for your interior water appliances. On my coach the switch in the up or down position fills the tank. With the switch in the center position closes the electric valve and supplies water to the faucets. With the way the coach is plumbed there is no way that switch and valve would work since the valve is a open or closed valve only and not directional. Anyone else have the same set up or is mine not plumbed correct?

20210622_193032.jpg

20210622_193053.jpg

20210622_193022.jpg

20210622_193110.jpg

I have the same set up. My switch only has an up or down . When I  fill my freshwater tank I put it in the up position. Also my Aladdin system needs to be turned on or it will not fill. When I hook up to city water I leave it in the down position and don’t really have to do anything it automatically converts to city water.

Kevin I am not sure why the switch is a 3 position switch?? Maybe they were out of 2 position switches the day my coach was being built? Do you have a rocker switch in the small cabinet above the entry door that reads Aladdin on it? If yes does that switch turn on/off the whole system? I just bought this coach a month ago and have been learning about all the different systems.

There are a couple parks I visit with low pressure (in the low twenties) so when there I leave Autofill on and water pump on to keep good pressure in the coach.  I reorganized the plumbing connections slightly and put a check valve between where the Autofill taps off and where the pump feeds back into the line to avoid the pump from pushing water back into the tank when the auto fill opens.  City water flows straight up the T's and the side branches are tank related.

My Aladdin switches are over the entry door in the cabinet with the TV booster switch.

FWIW

Amphi_sc I agree that a re-routing is needed. The ASCO valve should be in line before the point where the pump discharge line connects to the water system. a check valve between the two would make more sense. Currently when the auto-fill valve is open the water pump activates due to pressure drop and just circulates water from the tank right back to the tank. I may end up rebuilding the entire incoming water set up and relocating a few valves to make them more accessible. Thank you for your input on the plumbing.

There is an Aladdin in the cabinet above the entry door. It does not light up so I am not sure if it is on or off. Either way the Aladdin monitoring system screen on the dash works no matter what I do with the switch. Are the two tied together?

45 minutes ago, amphi_sc said:

There are a couple parks I visit with low pressure (in the low twenties) so when there I leave Autofill on and water pump on to keep good pressure in the coach.  I reorganized the plumbing connections slightly and put a check valve between where the Autofill taps off and where the pump feeds back into the line to avoid the pump from pushing water back into the tank when the auto fill opens.  City water flows straight up the T's and the side branches are tank related.

My Aladdin switches are over the entry door in the cabinet with the TV booster switch.

FWIW

Nevada Rob,

If the Aladdin switch is momentary action, it might only cause a system reboot. My Aladdin goes off with the ignition (and I press the control pad to bring it back up) or via the shut down function.

By the way, I replaced the water fill solenoid with this one ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/121358112687 ) as it had better operational pressure specs.

Its pretty easy to recalibrate the tank sensors for full and empty.  Mine were off quite a bit when I got my coach years ago. I forget the code to enter setup/calibration (tough getting older...) but something like 1218????