Fresh water Tank problem

top flight

2007 HR Vacationer Diesel.  Went to fill my freshwater tank and it did not vent, actually caused the floor to start to rise.  Fortunately shut off and drained tank, no damage to floor. Can anyone tell me where the air vent is located or could this be something else?

But if it's not venting out it's not venting in either.  Better fix that before the water tank implodes or pump burns up trying to pull water from the tank.  Maybe some really strong mud dobbers blocked the vent tube . . . . where ever it is. 

- bob

top flight,

sounds like the fresh water tank overflow is stopped up with mud daubers, from the past couple of days folks have found the overflow just in front of the passenger side rear tires. A straightened out wire clothes hanger makes a good clean out tool, run it up the drain as far as you can. The gravity fill cap is usually on the drivers side of the wet bay, towards the top.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

20 hours ago, top flight said:

2007 HR Vacationer Diesel.  Went to fill my freshwater tank and it did not vent, actually caused the floor to start to rise.  Fortunately shut off and drained tank, no damage to floor. Can anyone tell me where the air vent is located or could this be something else?

It caused the floor of the RV to rise?  Isn't the black and grey tank above the fresh water tank?  That means the fresh water tank expanded enough to crush the holding tanks, which are vented, and push the floor up?  Or do you mean the top of the water tank started to rise?

No Jeff, the holding tanks on my coach are not above the water tank.  It sits alone in a compartment just below the floor and when the problem first occurred pressure expanded the tank and pushed the floor upwards, fortunately my wife, who was in the coach spotted it straight away and I opened the drain valve and the floor went back to its normal position and seems to be undamaged.

Thanks Redstick, I will try that this weekend (weather permitting)