Outside push button security

ktloah

We own an 04 Dynasty with the outside push button pad to lock the entry door or lock the bays. We don't know too much on where to look for the control module. I know the reset is under the passenger cup holder. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the outside pad. Fuse is good under the driver side outside bay. Can anyone point us in the right direction on where to look for the control box? Thx

1 hour ago, RIPPPA said:

Is that black box that has the red button hanging off the side?

Yes....the red button is for programming the personal pass-codes.

16 hours ago, ktloah said:

Do you mean the center of the dashboard. I know about the wires beneath the passenger cup holder. There is NO power to these wires. I need to find the control module....

The dash on our 2002 has a main one in front of the driver and a center one that faces in-between the two seats. Our control and red button is located behind the center console in that general area.

Center Console.JPG

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Yes....the red button is for programming the personal pass-codes.

The dash on our 2002 has a main one in front of the driver and a center one that faces in-between the two seats. Our control and red button is located behind the center console in that general area.

Center Console.JPG

Mine is inside the dash compartment in front of the stirring wheel 05 Dynasty

On 8/26/2021 at 5:53 PM, ktloah said:

Thanks Harley,  I've checked the access panel and couldn't find anything. Maybe it's missing altogether!?

I have to remove the panel holding the gauge cluster to access the afore mentioned black box with red button. That's the unit you're looking for.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, ktloah said:

We own an 04 Dynasty with the outside push button pad to lock the entry door or lock the bays. We don't know too much on where to look for the control module. I know the reset is under the passenger cup holder. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the outside pad. Fuse is good under the driver side outside bay. Can anyone point us in the right direction on where to look for the control box? Thx

It sounds like you have an Essex keyless entry system. The Essex keypad by the door is a stand-alone unit. The locking and unlocking functions are all inside the keypad itself, not in some ‘external control module’. 
There’s also going to be a Wireless module for the keyfob behind the dash. 
However, the Wieless module does not ‘control’ the the Essex keypad. The two systems are completely separate except for grounding the same coach relays that power the lock actuators. 
Check the keypad wiring under the arm rest if you think it’s not getting power. I think the Essex website has a wiring diagram. There’s pos and neg, and then several other wires that the unit connects to ground in order to actuate a lock circuit. 
Cheers

Walter