Batteries

tact50

We are needing to replace the batteries on your ‘94 Monaco dynasty. We were thinking about batteries plus. Does anyone have any suggestion on a better place to test/replace the batteries? 

1FD4C057-DD43-4C21-9826-6CBF67D29C8E.jpeg

5AF75F64-339B-416E-8286-4CC0AF836266.jpeg

We never had good service from the large 8D commercial batteries on either the house or chassis.

I used GC2 6 volt golf cart batteries with two connected to make 12 volts for the house.  Two sets of two.  You can get these at Sams Club or Costco reasonably priced.  

For the engine start batteries I use two group 31 comnercial batteries usually from NAPA.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I bought an Interstate chassis battery about 5 years ago online.  It was a bit strange that the guy sent me down to the Interstate warehouse and I picked it up.  Was much cheaper than any other I found and it is still going strong.  The warehouse guys looked at me funny, but might be worth a search.  I have no record of the website and my memory is not nearly that good.

Our local Interstate Battery dealer will test any battery we bring to their shop, RV car, house back up generator, anything.  I replaced our DP four House batteries with AGM batteries.  Our Interstate dealer removed our old batteries and installed the new AGM batteries at no charge.  Not sure all dealers do that but ours does.  Stay safe, Stay well.