2000 Dynasty Regent Living Room Slide Type

Analyte

Hello,

Looking at my LR slide, the front near the drivers seat doesn't fully compress the inner seal when extended like the rear section. I did some searches and found various threads regarding Lippert and HWH Slides.

Did Monaco use a specific type for all of the LR slides, or Is there an easy way to tell which type I have? I'm still new to this RV, and the data card doesn't specify which is on the coach.

Thanks,
Kerry

Edited by Analyte
typo

I have the same coach. You have a hydraulic operated slide out by HWH there is adjustment bolts in each arm front and back if you need to move the front out further you should be able to adjust it with those bolts.

19 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

I have the same coach. You have a hydraulic operated slide out by HWH there is adjustment bolts in each arm front and back if you need to move the front out further you should be able to adjust it with those bolts.

Thanks, I wasn't really sure what I had. Are the adjustment bolts accessible in the storage bays or some other way. The bottom of the slide is smooth so not sure where to start looking.

Thanks!!

I have a problem with my passenger side rear slide it’s dragging on the bottom to much crushing the seal,it also leans a little to much doors don’t stay open. I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust?

Don

2007 Dynasty 

Ok, I looked under the room and see the support arms. At the end there are nuts and bots I suspect for alignment, and then midway there is a window in the arm likely where the piston resides.

Anyone have a link to an HWH video I could use to determine how to move the front side of the room out further to compress the inner seal?

I found one thread where a guy explained you could back off a nut and use an allen wrench to move in/out, but I'm not seeing anything like that on the arms pictured.

IMG_20211112_090503.jpg

IMG_20211112_090505.jpg

The one midway in the arm is the bolt you’ll adjust to move that end of the slide out or in. The one you were talking about with the Allen head will adjust the tilt of the slide, meaning bringing the top of the slide in or out.

Edited by Timaz996
Correct spelling

2 hours ago, Timaz996 said:

The one midway in the arm is the bolt you’ll adjust to move that end of the slide out or in. The one you were talking about with the Allen head will adjust the tilt of the slide, meaning bringing the top of the slide in or out.

Copy on the Allen head, it wasn't clear where he was adjusted but tilt isn't my issue.

I may need to spray those with some penetrating oil a day or so before I mess with them if typically tight.

How do I adjust the interior tighter to the wall? I guess loosen both nuts, but then what?

Tim, thanks for all the help with my million questions. Shocking I'm unable to find a service document online that spells out what to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, with the help of the attachment above I'm now comfortable that the slide is adjusted out correctly.

That said, I now need to tilt the inside room upper about 3/4 inch closer to the wall to better seal the top gasket. I've been searching for similar HWH documents, but I haven't found anything yet. I did find a post about someone adjusting the tilt via an access panel under the kitchen faucet, but I looked at mine and it doesn't appear my cabinet floor is removable unless I'm missing something.

I did check the shoes under the cabinets and it doesn't appear those are an issue. Any thoughts on what I need to do?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Analyte said:

Where are these Allen head screws located? Thanks!

Your very first picture shows a large nut on the bottom of the arm. That is the lock nut for the allen head screw, Brake that nut loose and adjust it.

2 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Your very first picture shows a large nut on the bottom of the arm. That is the lock nut for the allen head screw, Brake that nut loose and adjust it.

Is the circled area the nut you're referring to? It's raining outside at the moment so I can't go look.

And tighten it to bring the interior side closer to the interior wall?

3 minutes ago, Analyte said:

Is the circled area the nut you're referring to? It's raining outside at the moment so I can't go look.

And tighten it to bring the interior side closer to the interior wall?

I don't see a picture with a circle. It's the only nut on the bottom of the arm out on the end. It has dirty oil on it.

Yes this is the nut. Brake it loose and adjust the allen screw about three turns in with the slide pulled in a couple inches then put it out all of the way. If I remember correctly the adjustment is opposite of what I thought it would be. 

16 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Yes this is the nut. Brake it loose and adjust the allen screw about three turns in with the slide pulled in a couple inches then put it out all of the way. If I remember correctly the adjustment is opposite of what I thought it would be. 

Got it, thank you so much. I didn't think about need to bring the slide in a bit to take the pressure off so thanks for that tip as well!