Keyless entry

Georgia Mike

We are on our Maiden voyage and so far no major problems fingers crossed. Only issue is our keyless entry has been working fine but as we left to go out yesterday I hit 555 on the key pad and the doors locked just fine. When we arrived back an hour later it wouldn’t work. It lights up and beeps when you press the buttons but nothing happens. Also the key fobs don’t work either and they always worked fine. I looked for fuses in the front run bay and nothing was marked keyless or door entry and the fact that it lights up seems that it’s getting power. The Essex manual was no help.

Mike,

Make sure to clean the contacts in the door jamb and the door really well with Emory Cloth.

I always thought the touchpad and key fob worked on separate systems but not sure.

Whenever my entry door lock and unlocking system doesn't respond to the key codes it is always because the contacts in the door jamb have gotten dirty.

Look for fuses in the front electric bay marked D/S actuators and P/S actuators. These fuses are circuit protection for the keyless entry which are operated by the keypad and remote keyfob.

I found several bay actuators were failed in the locked position which probably caused the fuses to blow. They would not move electrically or mechanically.

I cleaned the contacts and still didn’t work. I went out to front run bay and found both of those actuator fuses and pulled them both and they were good. Tried the door and everything works perfect. I guess pulling those two fuses reset it. Now i know what to check for if it happens again.   Thanks for the help guys

Try cycling the power at the battery disconnects for both the coach and chassis with the coach unplugged. This will reset the lock system, or at least it fixed my coach when it happened to us.

I had a similar but slightly different problem on my 2002 Monaco. My key-fob worked. The keypad lights made it seem to work but no signal was getting thru to the relay circuit board. After testing the connector at the keypad it confirmed the problem was near the circuit board.

After getting great help from iRV2 forum I located the circuit board. Behind the radio center dash. Un-plugging the connectors and reinstalling to clean up the connection I could make the system work by manually grounding the open / lock pins at the connector near the keypad. Finally I found the keypad code and everything worked.

I don't know if your 2006 uses the same components and it's odd both systems failed at the same time but it might be worth it to find your Relay circuit board to verify. Here is my post of my adventure.... Best luck for a resolution to you!  Glenn

20220206_115854.jpg

Edited by JellyBean

On the topic of entry door lock but a little different. Owned our 2004 for about 7 months and the key fob push buttons were backwards for locking entry door. Lock button locked cargo doors but unlocked entry door. Unlock button locked entry door. Roman numeral "ONE" button unlocked compartment doors. I adjusted my door latch a few weeks ago and had hoped I could reverse the wires but they were pulled tight and not enough slack to change. While thinking about the projects to do one morning laying it bed, I realized that the power into the door to lock and unlock came thru the contacts at the door jam. The flat contacts on the door had two sets of rub marks. Two screws, reversed the plate and now it works like it should. Not sure why the PO would have pulled the contacts off but one of the simplest fixes I have made on the MH.

Will see if I can program the keypad this week.

Yep... When I started reading your post I was going to suggest the contacts, but you already figured it out!

I did that myself while replacing my door contacts recently. Had I not just got done monkeying with the contacts I'm sure it would have taken me a while to figure it out...

Cheers,

Walter