Help me understand air bag dump

Please excuse any dumb questions as I am a newbie. I have a 93 Monaco Crown Royal Signature Series.

The procedure for leveling calls for dumping the air bags first. The dump switch for the rear air bags does nothing. I can check the wiring for the front switch and I will assure there is power and that the switch works. What I need is an idea (a picture would be great) as to what the dump valve looks like and a hint as to where to find it. I assume there will be a line from the rear bags to a single valve. If I can find it I will test for a good ground and voltage when the switch is pressed and will go from there.

Anything will help as I find the air system to be tough to learn as reading posts and other sources finds lots of terms for valves, etc. but no idea how to find them or what I am looking for.

Thanks

• Like 1

The rear dump valves will be separate for each side, as the rear ride height valves control the left-right leveling of the coach.

IIRC my 93 Dynasty's are on the drivers side of the engine bay, under the bed.

Be careful with dumping the air before getting the jacks in contact with the ground.
Dropping the coach onto the bump stops on uneven ground could twist the coach, and possibly crack the windshield.

I don't know anything about a 93Sig but if you have air leveling, dump is done through the Sixpack for each axle. I don't know when they started with it and dumping air through brakes does not effect air bags. Otherwise it should be possible to trace down the front valve by noise to see what it looks like, likely the same for the rear. Just an idea.

OK. This coach has a lot of old paperwork which I am still sorting through. Sadly, previous owner was a victim of Covid. I found information and it seems I have RVA Jacks. After reading all of the info I understand the system better. The switch to dump the rear air bags is not working but I have a picture of where the the valves are and what they look like and If I understand correctly I can dump the manually. My air bag system is apparently separate from the air brake system, which is good. My rear bags will lose the air after about 18 hours so in any case I can dump the fronts after 1 day and relevel which results in lowering the coach so the steps are closer to the ground.

Next time I will try the automatic leveling and see if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

the dump is designed and timed in the auto feature to lower the coach to the bump stops inside the individual air bags before leveling on the jacks. this old split windshield is not likely to crack nor pop out like the newer single ones.. read the owners MANUALS and if manually raising on jacks do the front first to protect the windshield.