Fuel tank pick up tub

There have been dozens of FASS installs on Monaco coaches, I have never read of anyone having to modify the pick up tube.  Don't think you will have a problem using what is there.

But I believe the pick up tube is ~1/2".  My pick up tube is on the drivers side, I did pull it trying to determine which was the pick up and which was the return. 

The tricky part is the connector sizes - 10AN.  You won't find them in the hardware stores.  Some race shops maybe but best to take a good photo to your friendly hydraulic hose supplier / maker.  Whatever is closest.  It took me 3 trips to get everything I needed. 

My install is here - https://www.monacoers.org/topic/3722-crazy-bobs-fass-install/#comment-32396 or you can do a search using FASS in titles only.  You'll get lots of responses.  Also search on irv2, and several videos out there, too.  I liked one by zmotorsports.  His rig and location was different but I liked his process and attention to detail. 

I chose the space up by the tank.  It's a little trickier there but I wanted to push fuel to the engine, not have the FASS pump at the engine and suck fuel.  Most folks remove the primary filter and replace with the FASS system.  Mechanically easier, electrically more involved. 

BTW, my lift pump was dripping fuel and had to bypass the it.  All that was needed was an AN10 union and a slight re-route of the supply hose. 

Good luck.  At least it's not the dead of Winter like I had to do.

- bob

Edited by cbr046

My pick up tube is on the drivers side. 

I had a good quality wire braided hose with crimp fittings made up at NAPA, made it long enough to go across the top of the tank and attach to the FASS pump which I mounted on the passenger side above the propane tank which is next to the fuel tank. 

Here's a post I dd on IRV2 on it.  https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/monaco-2002-windsor-fass-install-with-questions-535854.html

I knew of the potential for the original lift pump to leak so I kept an eye on it.  Was fine one day, drove it about 60 miles and parked it, the next day I happen to see a wet spot on the concrete.  Thought about options and decided to go with the FASS install.  I copied how Zmotorsports did his, he has a lot of good info on all of his modifications. 

I just (2-3 weeks ago) finishing putting mine in. I had no room to install up by the fuel tank and mounted back where the secondary filter was. The electrical was easy because I got my power off the ignition relay in the rear power panel. The biggest pain was running a new return line to the tank. (35' feet of hose)  

Tim

back panel3.jpg

Fuel lines at tank.jpg

Lift pump pressure guage.jpg

Edited by Tim-AZ
deleted picture

11 minutes ago, DB Wells said:

Thank You all for the info, I thought the pick up tub would be ok. There you go a salesman trying to sell you something you don’t need.

Multiple ways to skin this cat.  His way might be a little different than some of us, not necessarily trying to load you up. 

Several of us bought the kit for the Dodge Ram and used most of the pieces from the kit.  Very few unused pieces, very few pieces bought outside the kit.  I would do it the same way again. 

- bob