A/C Heater Fan resistor - TerryC

I have a 2003 Beaver Monterey. Possibly built in 2002. I am looking for the resister that controls the speed of the AC/ Heater fan. Only works on 3rd and 4th speed. Unlike a lot of Monacoes my AC'Heater unit is under the center console. on the inside of the firewall, I took the dash cover off looking for resister. can see the fan motor but its not there. I traced the wiring from the fan speed switch and it goes through the firewall close to the throttle pedal. looking on the front side of the firewall I can see no part of the AC/Heater unit. Does anyone have any ideas. thanks TerryC

Guest Ray Davis

Most of us have a completely different HVAC, but Ivan has a system that may be like yours.  He may not look at this thread since all it has for a heading is your name.    I don't know why or how you did that, but it doesn't help us know if we want to follow.  Anyway, here is a picture that Ivan posted awhile back.  If yours is similar to his he may be able to help.  Send him a private message.  Here is the thread https://www.monacoers.org/topic/3084-ac-dryer-and-expansion-valve/#comments

IMG_20160630_151549.jpg

Edited by Ray Davis

I have seen this thread but had no input since I have not had an issue with the resistor pack and haven't traced it. Pretty miserable access to the sides of the HVAC box. I am pretty certain that it isn't on the outside firewall, there are no wires in that outside location...

Anyway, curiosity got me to look at my charts and they seem to indicate that the resistor block wiring is entering the hvac box from inside driver side where I have not looked previously because of access and things that were in my way while replacing the expansion valve. 

16515941267626576562819078813593.jpg

Edited by Ivan K

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to A/C Heater Fan resistor - TerryC