Kitchen slide roller. Hmmm.

Hey guys don't know much about the roller system just know I saw a mark on the floor when I extended the slide-out. 

Took out the kitchen cabinet fake floor to have a look and saw this. Is the nylon a cover? Is it missing broken or just supposed to be centered?

20220502_150805.jpg

Ya that's what I was kinda thinking.  Thanks for the link. Is it serviceable in place. Like just a simple swap? 

Any chance anyone knows which part it might be?

I pulled one of my rollers in the kitchen slide completely out, not hard. 

I'd suggest pulling the roller out and see if you can find any identifying marks on it.  Take some measurements, length, diameter of roller, length of roller etc.  Compare to the rollers on the link.  You might have to call REV parts. 

• Thanks 1

I am in the process of replacing all 4 of my Slide rollers on my 2001 Monaco Signature. I purchased my rollers from https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-slide-out-roller-clear-cover-08408530-p/190255.htm

The roller you have pictured is the rear one under the sink. If I’m correct you just remove the 2 3/8 bolts and the roller and brackets lift straight up and out. Once removed you will see there is a Allen set screw in bottom of bracket
Once you remove roller make sure there is no damage to the floor, check floor in slide extended position. 
Hopefully this will help!

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

The picture that shows his roller , is just like mine and the roller in my link will replace roller only. Reuse his brackets!

I have been told Monaco went to your design roller with a single bolt adjustment to help to eliminate the roller   damaging the nylon cover. This being caused by unequal load on each end of roller by miss adjustment. 

1 hour ago, Romeo84 said:

Is the roller bolted in or is it just a push pin like a toilet paper roll

LOL!

The only thing on these rig's that are as easy to change as a toilet paper roll is..... a toilet paper roll 🤣!

• Haha 2

On mine one end of the roller shaft will depress inward, but mine had set screws tightened down against shaft and would not move.

Also because of the opening size being very close to the roller size it would be impossible to remove roller without removing at least one end of the mounting brackets.

1 hour ago, Steve's Bus said:

I am in the process of replacing all 4 of my Slide rollers on my 2001 Monaco Signature. I purchased my rollers from https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-slide-out-roller-clear-cover-08408530-p/190255.htm

The roller you have pictured is the rear one under the sink. If I’m correct you just remove the 2 3/8 bolts and the roller and brackets lift straight up and out. Once removed you will see there is a Allen set screw in bottom of bracket
Once you remove roller make sure there is no damage to the floor, check floor in slide extended position. 
Hopefully this will help!

Good Luck

Hey man thanks for the help! Did your remove the roller while slide was extended? Is it easier one way or the other? 

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, Romeo84 said:

Hey guys don't know much about the roller system just know I saw a mark on the floor when I extended the slide-out. 

Took out the kitchen cabinet fake floor to have a look and saw this. Is the nylon a cover? Is it missing broken or just supposed to be centered?

20220502_150805.jpg

Ryan, have you replaced the roller and was Steve's link a direct fit? I just noticed same thing on our kitchen roller, except the nylon is being shaved by it's bracket on the opposite side. Must be an adjustment thing, pushing the sleeve to one side. I would not know if my wife didn't notice the shavings and suspect a mouse... I measure the distance between brackets at about 10.5".

I did order it and it looks close I have yet to install. Mine was 10.5 as well.

I was thinking of trying to just replace the nylon roller. It's just a cover but haven't got around to that yet. 

Keep me in the loop if you get to 1st. Wanna know what om in for lol

• Like 1